Gopro Overexposure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassi Devil Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Been playing around with GoPro3+ mounted on top of my DSLR with a pair of 2500 lumen light on the arms for a bit now, pretty happy with the results I am getting just need to work on composition.

Two things

Overexposure issues, I have noticed is that when pointing the camera towards the surface or exiting a long dark swim through or from a wrecks the Gopro servilely overexposes the light coming in so that is just a white blown out mass wrecking the shot . Is there any way to prevent this from occurring with the GoPro?

Also how do you prevent the white balance jumping around, some times a scene will go from a nice blue to a green hue, and the only way I can change the scene back to blue is with the lights focusing the Gopro on something close. Any idea why this happens and how to prevent this change mid shot.

Thanks James

With regards to the white balance, are you using auto setting? If yes try one of the fixed settings (highest temp setting in the GoPro). Though I must say I use the auto setting in my Hero4 as I find it good enough and don't have to change when shooting on surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom