Gopro or go different...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thx for posting Bradmond. Are you sure that it is 40 cm and not 40 mm. 40 cm is a large object.

Wow thats impressive . And you said that it can be out of focus. Is the subject in focus from >100 mm or do you have a kind of range ? Nice critter by th way.

Wow thats impressive . And you said that it can be out of focus. Is the subject in focus from >100 mm or do you have a kind of range ? Nice critter by th way.
Thanks
The +15 comes with a tool that you are supposed to use to set the focus distance but I haven't used it. Just guess and trial and error, mostly error. You need to be in a range to get it right. Not sure exactly how much tolerance there is plus or minus from the 9.5 cm.

GoPro 9/10/11 user and I am so happy with the price and video result that they give...

I started with Hero3, loved it, but battery life and lack of stabilisation were an issue. It was hard to get stable underwater video. A little glitchy too. Hero5 was a big step up. It just worked on the whole. Hero7 was a step up again and the most reliable. Just got a Hero11, but haven't used it underwater yet.

Went from the Hero 8 to the Hero 11, image quality is a slight improvement but the stabilization on the 11 is brilliant, also the battery life with the enduro batteries is so much better compared to the Hero 8. would have gone with something such as insta or the DJI offerings, but got a great deal on the 11 locally. No regrets at all

I use GO PRO...5 ,6,7,8, and a 10...The 10 has been glitchy as was the 8...My 10 just died and they are sending me a new one.Warranty is good...My question is this where would I go if not GO PRO?

Speaking about options - I have a hero 3+B a hero 7B and I snapped up a DJI OSMO Action3 cam before my last scuba trip and I am really happy with the results. At least $100 Cheaper and it comes with UCC too. The underwater housing is another $65 or so…

I have the Action 3 and found that it overheated in the case at about 30 to 40 minutes in.

I also found that it fogged up terribly.

Flooding the case *on purpose* with clean drinking water on the surface resolved both issues.

Clear pictures and a handful of hot water when you pop open the case post-dive.

So far, no problems. 10 dives and counting using this method.

I just bought a ring light for it to dive Ticao Pass in the Philippines, so will update.

I had problems with my GoPro Hero 10 overheating so I returned it and purchased the DJI Osmo Action 3 as all of the reviews that I looked up on it show that it does not overheat easily I will let you know once I have a chance to actually use it.
It overheats. Read my posting later on in the thread on how I resolved that issue (by flooding the case with drinking water).

Back
Top Bottom