Gopro or go different...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The gopro's are insane good in wide angle but miss the close focus macro capabilities. Anyone experience with diopters? Own made ?

I am liking the Backscatter dual flip system with a +10 close up on one flipper and a Macromate on the other.

What is the maximum depth a Go Pro11 can go ?

10m without case. 60m with the gopro case and up to 300m with a custom metal case.

(10m~30ft
60m~200ft
300m~1000ft)
Thanks for your detailed reply. Do you have a brand name and model or a link to the 300m-1,000 ft metal case?

Recently I had my first divecruise with my 10. Recorded a lot and g
had no overheating issues. Made my film in imovie and the quality on a 55 inch screen are superb,

I am liking the Backscatter dual flip system with a +10 close up on one flipper and a Macromate on the other.
Hi bradmond and what is your experience? Any idea of the size of the critters and what is min focus distance?

Hi bradmond and what is your experience? Any idea of the size of the critters and what is min focus distance?
From Backscatter.com:
"The Flip +10 Close-Up works great for shooting subjects sized from soccer balls down to golf balls that are roughly 8-12 inches from the camera."

For the +15, Golf Ball size objects at about 75mm from the lens.

I will post a short video later of what I've captured.

I measured the tool that comes with the +15 Macromate to set focus distance, it is 9.5 CM, not 7.5 that I posted earlier. Here's a short video of my first dive with the 2 lenses, using the +15 for this one. This video was longer but part of it was out of focus, the focal distance range is fairly small. This crab was maybe 40cm across.

Back
Top Bottom