Gopro or go different...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheQuintessentialMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The housing on my old Hero 3+ is damaged so figured this would be a good excuse to upgrade, especially considering the improvements in video quality since I got it. Reading the Q/A on Amazon there was a bit of chatter about the latest Hero 10+ overheating in warm (85F) water or air. Has anyone experienced this, there were some other issues too like chaptering and video length but Amazon has a tendency to mix reviews for multiple models of equipment. You guys have any issues with the H10 or can you suggest any comparably priced/quality UW cameras? Kind of hoping to keep it in the $500 range. Have a warm blue water coming up in June so need to decide pretty soon so I can test drive it in the lake a few times. Down side is lake diving around here in the early spring will probably NOT show up any over heating issues, just sayn...

Gopro or go home? I have a Hero 10. it’s new from Christmas and I’ve only taken it on 4 dives (waterproof housing, ~75 degree water, 4k, 30fps). However I heard about the overheat issues as well and did some homework to get comfortable with actual performance

The most valuable piece I encountered was this youtube video that did overheat test to failure experiments. That made me comfortable that under my use, an overheat is likely to never happen. I love the Hero 10 for both its sensor and its software. An amazing little device

I use GO PRO...5 ,6,7,8, and a 10...The 10 has been glitchy as was the 8...My 10 just died and they are sending me a new one.Warranty is good...My question is this where would I go if not GO PRO?

I use GO PRO...5 ,6,7,8, and a 10...The 10 has been glitchy as was the 8...My 10 just died and they are sending me a new one.Warranty is good...My question is this where would I go if not GO PRO?

I went to the Olympus TG6. Why? The Go Pro might be good for video as is the TG6, but it cannot take macro or super macro video or photos. TG6 is cheaper than a Go Pro 10. I kept my old Hero 4 which still takes nice videos sometimes I use that to record video as I us the TG6 to take photos.

TG6 HERO4 SETUP.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom