Good place to do DM on Koh Tao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dazle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Folks

Anyone know a good centre to do a DM course on Koh Tao in Oct???

I've already got 3 months work experience in poor conditions, so I'm not looking to spend a couple of months to get my ticket. I'm after getting the bucks to roll in asap.

My ideal place would be (in order of priority): Good instructor, cheap price, boat that doesn't sink.

Any advice, greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Ko tao is a ghost town in october no bucks no jobs no tourists!!!!
i was there last year look at photos www.pbase.com/maccajim

Stayed till start oct then rainy season everyone went bye bye after 1 week of torrential rain

Try phi phi though no bucks will be rolling for DM when there are a million europeans escaping winter working for free

ps do search this has been covered covered covered

If you can delay doing dm course till weather improves on ko tao in january, I would recommend Asia Divers. They have a very good atmosphere, excellent instructors and are no more expensive than other centres on kt.
Importantly, they also won't limit you to a max of 60 dives for your dmt course, as long as you don't take the piss fun diving every day they will let oyu do the course over several months leading dives to build up your experience.
If you are looking for a job on kt or anywhere else the Guy who runs Asia divers (Guy Corsellis) is a padi course director who has an excellent reputation on the island and elsewhere. Certainly on kt if you were looking for a job as a dm his word would count for a lot more than anyone else's.

Oh and as an added bonus, their boats have never sunk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom