Good NJ lake dive on TV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay Diver's here's a little more information. Yes you can dive from a boat, the rules are set for safety, if you have a problem the rangers(now park police officers) know where to get to right away, I would rather know where to go to right away then having to search the whole res. looking for a diver in trouble. Also remember you all know about this sport and what it entails, others who are non divers don't generally have a clue, not only at round valley but anywhere you go. As far as safety with other boats, trust me you don't want to get near any active prop. I have been to a few boating accidents(non-diver's), not a pretty picture. Once again, you can call the park and ask them to send you a copy of the rules/regs. Yes, someone mentioned camping, only thing is all sites at Round Valley are only accessible by boat or hiking, whatever you carry in, you must carry back out. If you want to camp nearby, you can try either Spruce Run or Vorhees State Park,either only about 15-20 minutes away. Have other questions I will try and help. Remember this is for New Jersey, can't say about other states. Finally if anyone is interested I plan on diving Shark River Inlet over the summer, usually on weekdays as summer's I tend to be busy in the parks.
Be Safe

NJStateRanger:
Okay Diver's here's a little more information. Yes you can dive from a boat, the rules are set for safety, if you have a problem the rangers(now park police officers) know where to get to right away, I would rather know where to go to right away then having to search the whole res. looking for a diver in trouble. Also remember you all know about this sport and what it entails, others who are non divers don't generally have a clue, not only at round valley but anywhere you go. As far as safety with other boats, trust me you don't want to get near any active prop. I have been to a few boating accidents(non-diver's), not a pretty picture. Once again, you can call the park and ask them to send you a copy of the rules/regs. Yes, someone mentioned camping, only thing is all sites at Round Valley are only accessible by boat or hiking, whatever you carry in, you must carry back out. If you want to camp nearby, you can try either Spruce Run or Vorhees State Park,either only about 15-20 minutes away. Have other questions I will try and help. Remember this is for New Jersey, can't say about other states. Finally if anyone is interested I plan on diving Shark River Inlet over the summer, usually on weekdays as summer's I tend to be busy in the parks.
Be Safe

I have always wanted to do that! Shoot me a PM when you get closer to doing it. Weekdays are good!:D

NJStateRanger:
Be Safe

Thanks for the clarification of diving rules at RV regarding diving off boats. As far as non-diving boats in the area, I don't know how informed the RV boaters are, but I've been diving in AZ lakes with boats and jet skis right over my head. I was on a dive with my wife on shore once when I heard a prop that sounded pretty close. After the dive, my wife told me the boater went right up to the buoy with his boat, he actually coasted into it, to see what it was. My wife was on shore yelling at him to get away, but he couldn't hear her over the motor. Another time, we were both diving and heard jet skis. After the dive, someone told us they were using our buoy as something to do donuts around.

Rich, I'll be back in Jersey end of July/beginning of August. I'll drop you a line to set up an Inlet dive while I'm there.

All sounds good to me :) If anything happens please drop me a line.

Funny it almost seems like not having a marker buoy is safer than having one!

Hi,
does anyone know if you can spearfish in the reservour. In general, I'm interested in any freshwater spearfishing destinations in the NJ area.
Thanks, Stas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom