Good Dives Still Possible

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Borg I see someone has given you the info on the Quarry. You are also welcome to come and dive with us.

Thanks, guys!
I can't make this weekend. But I will soon. I've got to get in some deeper dives to get ready for my PADI AOW this summer or early Fall.
My new drysuit will be here next week and I can't wait to get to using it and getting really comfortable in the lower temp range that are in the deeper depths.

The cable folks just pulled a switch on me, so unless I can talk my daughter into watching for them I may have to cancel this weekend...

I here a lot of talk about west bank. I live by the Islands so it's not to far. Whats the difference from one cove to another? I checked out the quarry, Dan and I are going the weekend after the 4th.

Sounds good, maybe I can make that dive, if you'll let me tag along...

the difference between the coves is really 1) access ie how far to walk and how much is in mud, 2) level of insane boaters to avoid being run over, 3) number of training platforms, lines etc, 4) whether there's anything to see.

in mask cove there's two platforms (or was), various lines, a couple of wood piles and stumps, relatively easy access (or was)

Never been there...excellent!

Here's how to get to Two Mile Creek at Lanier for those of us that live near Atlanta. Go up 400 to exit 17. Come off of Exit 17 take a right go about 1/2-3/4 mile to the intersection. Take a right on Browns Bridge Rd. Go until you cross the Bridge over Lanier and keep going. Go until you see the Bethel Rd. sign on th right, I believe it's about 3-4 miles, but I haven't clocked it yet. There will be a sign also for Two Mile Creek. Take a right and follow road until it dead ends into the Park. about 2-3 miles. I went up there at about 9-9:30a.m. on a Sat. about a month ago. No one was there yet. No jet skis just a few quiet bass boats. When I left at 11:00 there was no one there yet either. There are some decent entry ways to the water that can be made.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom