Good Dives Still Possible

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want to dive this weekend let me know, I am up for a dive or two, got two sets of 80cf doubles and two singles full of air...

Mike

ok. I've got 280 cu ft in my doubles plus about 60 cu ft each of 40% and 60%. s/b plenty for a couple of dives. what did you have in mind?

I'm not sure I could go 40' to 60' with just 6 mill. I would have to give it a try. I was in the bottom of a muddy cove last time I hit 35' so between the mud the cold and 1' vis, it really was no fun. What have you guys been doing? I would like to see a woodpile at the bottom but it still seams kind of creepy when I get there since I don’t have a good light so I back off.

Carl

Thanks Flightlead. I should be up at Two Mile Creek on the 5th, that morning trying out my suit. I have some thermals I use to wear on a deer stand. I wonder if they would be better than sweats. I just want to get the hang of using the suit in shallow water. I know I will have to get some decent undergarments soon. I have seen some on e-bay for around $70-80 that are designed for drysuits. I know Divers Supply sells some on their web site starting around $100+

stiltwalker - there are a couple of good woodpiles and some still standing trees in divers cove at west bank park. they are probably in the 60' range right now. no clue what vis is like at the moment, probably crap.

borg - if they are thinsulate or something they will be better than cotton sweats. I like the nike sphere dry material for under the undergarments which is great for wicking. also, I recently bought a 200gm undergarment on here for $80, I think it was either from "dive right in" or "dive sports" can't remember which but go into great deals forum and seach.

Fiightlead, just wanted to let you know Deep Daddy Bob and I will Be at the quarry in the morning if you are any one else would like to work on skills or just dive. We have a dry suit class and I think Radik will be working on the Deep Tec class. We plan on meeting at the quarry about 8:00 .

I assume you mean Dive Haven Quarry? Fightlead, I'm up for anything reasonably close like Lanier or Dive haven. Just want to get wet!

Mike

Sorry I did not say witch day. We will be there tomorrow. I can also dive Sunday if you want. You know us we will dive almost any time. I think Bobby is going out of town on Sunday. We are talking about meeting up at the mill pond on Monday and doing some cave diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom