Good Dives Still Possible

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Borg

If you are new to drysuit diving I have a pair of like new (1 dive) dive rite gaitors I'll sell you. they will help restrict the air moving into your feet and the dreaded feet first ascent. the can also protect the shin area of your shiny new drysuit from abrasion.

Thanks Flightlead. Let me get use to using the suit first and work on my skills. I'm still waiting on it to come in from Pinnacle and my 95LP steel tank back from hydro at Divers Supply. Next Monday, it'll be 3 weeks on the hydro. I guess this may a busy time of year for hydros, You think!
From what I remember you have an Pinnacle EVO2 suit as well. How long did it take you to get good at diving it? Jack at Divers Supply Marietta can't say enough good things about them.

Thanks Flightlead. Let me get use to using the suit first and work on my skills. I'm still waiting on it to come in from Pinnacle and my 95LP steel tank back from hydro at Divers Supply. Next Monday, it'll be 3 weeks on the hydro. I guess this may a busy time of year for hydros, You think!
From what I remember you have an Pinnacle EVO2 suit as well. How long did it take you to get good at diving it? Jack at Divers Supply Marietta can't say enough good things about them.

jacks a good diver and an all around good guy, got his hands full with the two stores right now, some older employees have left, breaking in some new ones.

heh heh, depends on who you ask whether I'm "good at diving it". I would say a good 20 dives in a drysuit at least to really feel comfortable in it for me though. I found a SIGNIFICANT difference between heavy and light undergarments too.

Jack tells me that I will love diving dry and wonder why I didn't do it sooner. I figure I'm not made of $$$=D.U.I., so Jack and the guys cut me a great deal on the Pinnacle EVO2 that's why I went with them. Divers Supply IS MY LDS!!
I have always wanted to dive and not have to look at the calendar and see if it's warm enough .

when is your suit coming in? I'm looking to do some diving this weekend. considering lanier, white, or driving to either pelham or clark hill lake

Hey guys
Looks like Lanier may not be so bad after all. My son and I are new to diving this year and have made several dives around the flat Creek area. Vis has been 2' to 7'. We are on the lake just about every weekend and love the water. We have a few boats so we get around pretty good. We would like to join a local club or just dive with some folks that hit Lanier often. With the cold water we have not been past 35' since all we have is 6 mill.

Looking for some direction
Carl & Danny

Flightlead, I talked to Joe at Pinnacle this a.m. and he said that my suit shipped out Tues. and should be at Divers Supply Doraville by next Tues. at the latest.
I'll try it on at the shop and then get ready to work on using it on the weekend of the 4th. I know I need to get some heavy duty undergarments, but until I get used to diving it and going into deeper water, per Howard at DS, I'm going to stick with sweats. Since I will be in 20ft. or shallower for practice dives. Which I can imagine suiting up even with that this time of year will probably give me heat stroke. Oh well, DIVE DIVE DIVE!!

stiltwalker - I have found the best vis around the riprap at Buford dam, between 40' and 60'. have seen up to 25' vis. there. Other than that the vis. usually gets getter the deeper you go, but not always and frankly, I haven't figured out any rhyme or reason to it :) not sure where where flat creek is, I used to sail out of holiday but its been a while, I need to find a sailor who needs crew :).

Borg - get some good athletic wear, and undershirt and tights, to help wick the sweat away from you otherwise just sweats will probably have you feeling cold. you'll be surprised how much moisture you actually get in your suit especially when its hot out. you get all that hot air in your suit, get all sweaty, then when you hit the cold water it all condenses inside. plus you will sweat a bunch on the working portion of your dive. let me know when you are diving and I'll be glad to come out and dive with you.

If you want to dive this weekend let me know, I am up for a dive or two, got two sets of 80cf doubles and two singles full of air...

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom