Good Bye Old Friend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB

Obi-MB-Kenobi
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
With a bit of sadness I said “Good Bye” to an old friend today. WK has been with me for many years. WK’s diving pedigree started in 1989, has accompanied me on many dive trips, always served his intended function, and never once gave me concern. As he aged, there were many who said that his time had passed, and that it was time to retire. Instead, he increased his check-up schedule, and even started semi-annual exams, just to be safe. Even as my own neck and shoulders age and weaken, and as my many dings begin to take a toll, WK remained true and steadfast. But finally, on the way to the lab for his 5-year comprehensive exam, WK and I had one of “those” chats, and with a tear and a toast, we decided that ol’ WK had lived a full life and that it was time to retire.

What else can you say to a beautiful, clean, crack-free Walter Kidde who has served you well? Aloha amigo, and thanks for the memories!

Moment of silence....

I hope you will find a special place in your home for this keepsake.

It's intersting how was can associate good times with these objects. The vehicle that way the primary mode of vacation travel while my family grew up is soon to retire so I know just how you feel.

To memories...........

Pete

Coo Coo Coo Coo........

I say sell Mr. WK to the scrap yard and profit from his demise. :wink:

MB:
What else can you say to a beautiful, clean, crack-free Walter Kidde who has served you well?

dude, you took a fire extinguisher diving?

:confused:

I have no idea what a Walter Kidde is...

Walter Kiddie used to make scuba tanks way back in the day. If my memory serves me correctly they're all 6351 and prone to sustained load cracking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom