gonna book a cruise..where should we dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

local76sparky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My wife and I are booking a cruise this winter and the one we are looking at has ports in : San Juan, Tortola, St. Thomas, Nassau, and Tortola. Was wondering if anyone has dove in these spots? Looking to dive maybe 1-2 ports beacause wed like to spend time in the towns as well. Looking for some opinions. I know diving off a cruise ship doesnt give the best options but hopefully we can make it work. thanks for the input!:D

My wife and I are booking a cruise this winter and the one we are looking at has ports in : San Juan, Tortola, St. Thomas, Nassau, and Tortola. Was wondering if anyone has dove in these spots? Looking to dive maybe 1-2 ports beacause wed like to spend time in the towns as well. Looking for some opinions. I know diving off a cruise ship doesnt give the best options but hopefully we can make it work. thanks for the input!:D

Are you limited to that itinerary?

If not Carnival and possibly other cruise lines have attractive diving sites.

Carnival has one that sails out of Miami, FL and stop in Cozumel. Belize, Roatan and Grand Cayman.

For a cruise those are pretty godd diving locations.

I don't work in the travel industry so I look at it purely from the perspective of the ports it visits.

Well you havent gotten much for replies because those are not really hot dive destinations. You can snokel in St John and see alot as much as diving in the area I know. Take the ferry over from St Thomas When you go to Tortola I would do a Virgina Gorda trip and take your snorkle gear. San Juan, not too great either I would not really bother diving on that trip or taking dive gear. You will be at some spots you might want to go snorkel at though.
Next time you think you want to go diving I could suggest a better cruise that would give you some different options but mostly cruises dont hit good dive destinations. You should think about a liveaboard someday! Then you get some good diving in!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom