Diving Recommendations for Cruise to Norway

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UPDATE - So far only have one dive set up in with Alesund Dykkersenter. I am really wanting to dive in Tromso at it has enough activities to entertain the wife AND because the dive will be in the Artic Ocean. I have reached out to Tromso Dykkersenter and I just found out that there is a management reorganization going on, which is why they haven't returned any of my e-mails. With 2 months until our cruise, I'm hoping to get some replies.

Also, am I correct that the average temp at 20m-30m is about 8 degrees Celsius in June? Thanks everyone!

I don't have any dives that far north, so I can't say anything with certainty, but the surface temperature of the water in Tromsø in june is averaging at 8.8°C / 47.8°F according to www.seatemperature.org. I wouldn't expect the temperature at 20-30m to be higher than that, since it peaks in August around 12-13°C, but most of the year it's colder. I would be prepared for 4-9°C/39-48°F.

Hope they get back to you and figure something out.

I don't have any dives that far north, so I can't say anything with certainty, but the surface temperature of the water in Tromsø in june is averaging at 8.8°C / 47.8°F according to www.seatemperature.org. I wouldn't expect the temperature at 20-30m to be higher than that, since it peaks in August around 12-13°C, but most of the year it's colder. I would be prepared for 4-9°C/39-48°F.

Hope they get back to you and figure something out.
Thanks for the confirmation of water temps, I'm trying to figure out which undergarments to pair up with my drysuit.

We use Tours by Locals for all our land tours, I hired a guide in Tromso and explained my situation. Since she is a local, it is my hope she can find someone. She would guide my wife while I dive and when I'm done diving, we will meet up and finish up the land tour.

While I would like to see something, i.e. kelp gardens, various sea life and sea structures, I'd be satisfied shore diving to 20ft for 20 min just to cross the Arctic Ocean off my diving bucket list. Thanks for the reply, I'll keep you updated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom