Golfball diving job

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn:
Golf ball divers are independent contractors. They are resonsible for their own safety. I have read some articles about divers that make very serious money doing this.

TwoBit
yes if you are serious of making income from golfball diving. I agree with you that most divers like me make serious money doing the dives. There are so many courses need to be worked. however for first timer divers will take a while to increase production in ball counts. There will be some forms to sign to agree on salary and ball compensation. Each diver or team are responsible for any expenses related to diving for balls , traveling. All I can do is give you schedules to go to work the assigned golf courses. that s simple.

Web Monkey:
Sounds like a real plum job.

My vehicle, my hookah, all-day diving in shallow, murky water full of pesticides, fertilizer and alligator poop, then sleep outdoors with the bugs.

What could be better?

So what is it exactly that you provide, besides a list of golf courses?

Terry
look like you are up north, you could come down south in winter and make income doing the dives that i provide. I have contacts to set you up dives. I pay 7 cents a ball flat rate for any numbers of balls you find each day i set up via company. alligators poop. pesticides. ahhh that s silly.. i have done the divings 16 years and still counting my days.

Wow, 7 cents/ball!

I use my vehicle, my equipment, my fuel, my insurance, buy a hooka, pay for my own meals and sleep in a tent and dive in water I wouldn't want to put my hand in. What a great deal!

Maybe I should be be a migrant farm worker. At least I wouldn't need to buy replacement filters for the hookah and would get to sleep in a cabin.

As far as the water goes, golf-courses use huge quantities of fertilizers and pesticides to create the beautiful flat carpet of green. The water hazards are the low areas and collect all the chemical run-off. It's also stagnant water that grows all sorts of algae, unless they add an algecide to prevent this.

In some areas, the water hazards are filled using recycled waste (sewer) water.

Down south, gators are a definite hazard, and commonly snap up dogs that get too close to the water's edge.

If this was such a plum job, you would be hiring employees, not looking for subcontractors.

Terry

ballhunter:
look like you are up north, you could come down south in winter and make income doing the dives that i provide. I have contacts to set you up dives. I pay 7 cents a ball flat rate for any numbers of balls you find each day i set up via company. alligators poop. pesticides. ahhh that s silly.. i have done the divings 16 years and still counting my days.

is this some kind of joke? who wants to go dive some nasty little pond for 7 cents a ball. if your good you can make $21 a day! yesss!

When I saw this post the first thing I though of was NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. There have been several people die from diving in golf course "ponds". The chemicals in them are so high that they can cause all kinds of issues. For the money that you would be getting for the job, it is not worth risking yours or anyone elses health. IMO :wink:

God... I can't believe people post this sorft of jobs...
After more than 2000 jobs posted in my website, this is the most insane one of all...

Gee my personal best on an open water skin-dive is 42 balls in one trip, that's $2.94!

Pete

Many golf course ponds have fish in them. If the chemical levels were as high as many of you people think they are, nothing could live.

If it weren't as lucrative as many of you say it is, there wouldn't be people fighting for the rights to dive the course ponds all over Texas.

Nevermind--I had the posters confused. Mea culpa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom