Golfball diving job

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That works out to mean you personally earn $500-$1000 an hour at those fees and ball counts.....

I am highly skeptical of that claim.

I had to chime in

I was a golfball diver for a few months in Washington state, and you can make really good money, I had many $300-$400 days and I was in the water 3-4 hours and I did not have to roll out of bed till 10:00 am. They guy who I was working with had a few $1000 days he had been doing in for years and was pretty dam good.

But it is the grossest thing I have done for money, and im sure if you did it long enough it would cut a few years off your life swimming with the chemicals. And thankfully in the north west there are not any animals or insects that will kill you in the water, I wouldnt even put a fin the water with alligaters and such.

Jumbo

RebreatherSuperHero:
That works out to mean you personally earn $500-$1000 an hour at those fees and ball counts.....

I am highly skeptical of that claim.

It is no problem to get 1000 balls in a hour at the courses i have been diving... we only dive them once a year so they get pretty

The company is looking for diver asap in oregon to dive for balls. are you interested? contact jeff wall at jeffw@re-load.com and tell him Jeremy mentioned about need divers in oregon.

Brand0n:
It is no problem to get 1000 balls in a hour at the courses i have been diving... we only dive them once a year so they get pretty
each golf course is unique in ball counts. dont expect 500 dollars per hour. Just be safe to pull at least 10,000-20,000 balls in 5 working days that should cover your travel and personal expenses. Golfball divers are contractors. They decide how to plan their day schedule daily. Usual golfball company will assign schedules 1 week advance before going to these courses.

ballhunter:
each golf course is unique in ball counts. dont expect 500 dollars per hour. Just be safe to pull at least 10,000-20,000 balls in 5 working days that should cover your travel and personal expenses. Golfball divers are contractors. They decide how to plan their day schedule daily. Usual golfball company will assign schedules 1 week advance before going to these courses.

Yes i agree with each course being differnt, but if your skillfull underwater you can cover the pond pretty fast if its not worth diving move to another... and i would NEVER dive for 7 cents a ball your nuts buddy.

Brand0n:
Yes i agree with each course being differnt, but if your skillfull underwater you can cover the pond pretty fast if its not worth diving move to another... and i would NEVER dive for 7 cents a ball your nuts buddy.

What are you complaning about? You only need Twenty Thousand balls to break even. :cool:

I've got a better idea. Why don't you just hire subcontractors to dive for you, then pay them 7 cents/ball and all you need to do is wash, sort and package them, and resell them for anywhere between $8 and $30/dozen.

The money is better and you don't have to get dirty.

Terry

In some comments above, collect golfballs are up to you and you shall be paid per ball recovered. You shall provide your choice of diving equipment such as scuba or hookah system and your own transportation. It doesnt cost any money to learn how to find balls in the lakes. Perhaps do few steps at times to achieve your skills into the divings. Just deliver the balls to trucking location such as Yellow Freights to ship the balls. You dont have to clean the balls because there is a big golfball recycler to process the balls for re-sale. Just go dive every day for balls. Jobs available to be filled in Arkansas, Illnois, North Carolina, and Tennessee. I recommend to get started no later by March/April to be prepared for busy season to dive! If you want to dive in winter now, that is fine. I know you all know the common senses about diving for balls. It s very easy but it will take a lot of efforts to start out first time. No paper work or take orders from your bosses. You can be on your own boss however be under ME as a subcontractor for your local areas to dive for balls.

I assure you we have contracts with golf courses in particular area such as Ark, Tn, Fl, Al, NC, IL and if these are not listed, please email me at ballhunter@tmail.com if you want to find out if there are any courses available in your area to be worked by YOU in the future. We can arrange for salesman to call the golf courses in your area and secure deals and set up dives for you next year. It cost nothing and I want you have a scuba job of your dreams!

I've got a better idea. How about we just look look up nearby golf courses, and do all this without you?

You don't seem to be offering anything except a list of golf courses, which for most of us, can be found in the telephone book.

Terry

ballhunter:
I I know you all know the common senses about diving for balls. It s very easy but it will take a lot of efforts to start out first time. No paper work or take orders from your bosses. You can be on your own boss however be under ME as a subcontractor for your local areas to dive for balls.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom