Golf Ball Recovery Business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:) ]So why do we need you to dive for to get golf balls???

You don't need me, but learning HOW TO GET RID OF SCRAP RUBBER IS IMPORTANT IF YOUR DIVING for golf balls and knowing the true value of golf balls probably might be important.

Why not just make the agreement with our local golf course?

I think you might find that golf courses are already under contract. Good luck if you find new courses, and good luck getting rid of the golf balls.

I buy golf balls. I pay .10 each and take all the golf balls.

Montana :)

I don't think that you'll find many of us willing to dive around in a cess pool pond at a golf course for 10 cents a ball, not including shipping prices, which I'd guess would lower it to about 5 cents a ball.

At $5 per air fill, we'd have to find 100 balls just to break even on an air fill.

:D

Divers must all be employed by someone and not use to reading, or working for themselves, but just being told what to do and how to do it.

I have posted enough information regarding golf ball retrieving for anyone with any motivation, to make $ 100,000 a year (read all the messages regarding golf balls).

An average days work in picking up golf balls out of ponds should be between 3,000 and 5,000 golf balls.

The oceans are cess pools, lakes are cess pools, the swimming pool is a cess pool, streams are cess pools, ever seen what/who uses those waters and what is in them.

Daaaa - pre-programmed robots. Gong go to work! Gong take a break! Gong eat your lunch! Gong go on vacation!:confused: Believe what you are told, for the government knows all!

Montana:no

How deep are these ponds normally? Do you dive them on air, or are they shallow enough to have some type of hookah system? You just put the balls in buckets and float them to the surface or what?

Most ponds are in the seven to fifteen foot range - almost always zero vis.

I use a large goode bag, which when full holds 1,000 golf balls +/-.

I transfer the balls from the bag to tubs (out of the water).

There are recovery divers who use hookah - I have 3 tanks - when tanks are empty, I quit. (how many balls per tank depends on the pond and course. I usually won't dive until I can get a minimum of 3,000 golf balls in one day.

"Down Time" depends on experience - 3 tanks is enough time under water from my world viewpoint.

Montana:14:

Montana Mike:
I have posted enough information regarding golf ball retrieving for anyone with any motivation, to make $ 100,000 a year (read all the messages regarding golf balls).

If you could make $100k a year picking up golf balls underwater, then you'd have every divemaster, dive instructor, golf pro, plumber, goat milker, and redneck diving for golf balls.

Let's do some math on this.

You say you won't dive unless you get 3,000 balls/day. So therefore you definatel don't dive every day.

But lets say you get 3,000 balls a day by diving 5 days a week taking 10 days of holidays a year and 10 days (2 weeks) of vacation a year (or 48 weeks per year). Now I don't think you'll dive every 5 days of the week and if you do you definately won't find 3000 balls per day.

That's 5days x 48weeks x 3000balls x .05per-ball = $36,000 per year.

Now that doesn't include expenses such as vehicle, dive gear, insurance, business license, air fills, etc....

I just don't buy making $100 grand a year. Otherwise you'd have every member of Scubaboard out there picking up golf balls.

Evidently, you can't count, add OR read. Read ALL THE POSTS in this thread!

Lets say one can get 15,000 balls a week (more usually) Hobby? Subsidize Income?
Full time Job? Up to the diver.

Where did you get the nickel (that's .05) from as the profit on a golf ball?

So, lets use a bad number .10 per ball profit.

That would be $ 1,500.00 per week times 48 weeks equals $ 72,000.00 AND THAT WOULD BE SOMEONE WHO DID NOT KNOW THE BUSINESS and just wholesales golf balls.

I average about .40 (gross) per ball the way I handle my golf balls and profit about .27 per ball after expenses. Try that out on your math equation.

Must be some info you DID NOT READ about every ball is not the same.

How I do that, is my business. I am a PGA Professional and I do not the difference in a value of golf balls.

I gave the basic information, AND once again YOU DID NOT READ ALL THE POSTS. A diver will have trouble finding courses to dive, because SOMEONE IS ALREADY DOING IT!

:confused:

Montana

how about oregon...eugene area(south valley) always looking to dive and make money; a perfect match

ok, the last question we all are dying to know. how many fingers have you had bitten by crawfish, catfish, turtles and rogue aligators in Los angeles?

Back
Top Bottom