Golf ball diving = DANGER!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stupidest thing I've ever heard. It could almost be on Happy Gilmore

Packhorse:
Poor gator. First it has its habitat invaded then it gets " euthanized" because it was protecting its patch. Where is the justice?

Kind of my thought too. Wasn't like it was out looking to attack someone.

funny though... they did not use the proper word for the action they plan to take.

euthanize-the practice of killing a person or animal, in a painless or minimally painful way, for merciful reasons, usually to end their suffering.

murciful reasons?

i lack the ability to see his suffereing except that he is going to die... :(

Personnaly, I'm glad the diver got away and shoot the d** gator. Allegators and other animals that want to eat me are way down the list in getting any sympathy from me. From an ecological stand point, for one species to support the well being of their competition, or other species that are higher up the food chain, is a little beyond psychotic. Even the wolves are smarter. The first thing the wolves did after being reintroduced into the Yellowstone area, was kill all of the coyotes. But then I guess some would try to pretend that man, the dominate species, is not part of the ecosystem? :06:

Kray_Z:
you know what would be cheaper than a diver picking up balls... i fine net(holes slightly smaller than the ball) lay it on the bottom of the lake and pick it up like a net every once in a while... wont really go bad for a long time :)
Hey Kray_Z, I work for a patent firm. If you can figure out how to get the net up without picking up the alligators, poisonous snakes and snapping turtles along with those golf balls, you may have something there...

you have provoked a thought... dont! dont even pick the net out of the water... instead let gravity do its job!

let me know if you cant read it all

Patent Pending :wink:

Kray_Z:
you have provoked a thought... dont! dont even pick the net out of the water... instead let gravity do its job!

let me know if you cant read it all

Patent Pending :wink:
Very innovative. What about mud, plants, gunk?

landlocked:
Personnaly, I'm glad the diver got away and shoot the d** gator. Allegators and other animals that want to eat me are way down the list in getting any sympathy from me. From an ecological stand point, for one species to support the well being of their competition, or other species that are higher up the food chain, is a little beyond psychotic. Even the wolves are smarter. The first thing the wolves did after being reintroduced into the Yellowstone area, was kill all of the coyotes. But then I guess some would try to pretend that man, the dominate species, is not part of the ecosystem? :06:

Why not just eliminate the problem altogether by filling in the lake and put in another sand trap. Better yet, just attach "lazers" to the alligators heads, to protect them from those trigger happy cops & knife wielding divers!

This is no time to be in the water where aligators may live. I do a lot of fishing in the everglades and let me tell you, the mating season is in full swing. Aligators are a hundred times more agressive during mating season. Maybe golf ball retrievers should sit April and May out and start again in June. Just my 2¢.

Back
Top Bottom