Going to Playa Del Carmen 9/1-9/6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lo212

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This will be my first trip to the area and there's so much to do! I have four days I can dive and am thinking one day cenotes, one day cozumel, one day in PDC and maybe one day go snorkeling with whale sharks. What do you think of this itinerary and any suggestions on who to dive with? From other posts, I'm leaning towards going with Jason from Fantasea...

Also, I am traveling solo so would love to meet up with other SB divers!

I second Aquanauts. Nice modern shop with equipment in good shape. Dennis has topnotch staff on hand and Martin was a great guide for the Cenotes.

I think it's great, but very high energy for relaxed Mexico. PDC diving is easy -- 2 tanks fill a morning and you'll be back in Playa for lunch. Cozumel takes a bit longer -- say morning until 2-3pm. Cenotes even longer depending on where you go -- until 3-4pm, maybe 5. The whale shark trip is very long -- using a PDC or Cancun shop, probably 5-6am until 8-9pm-ish. Forget going to Holbox or Isla Mujeres to do it on your own as there's not enough time. What I'm saying is that, to do it all, you have to carefully schedule to be rested, fed & hydrated enough to enjoy the diving.

I agree with ddeborahdelamar and would add that you need to be organized before leaving town (tomorrow!?). You need to know which dive shop(s) you are using before the first day. Staying with one shop would be the easiest for all of these dives. Are you staying in downtown PDC or a resort along the coast? Some resorts have a dive shop on board. I wouldn't know what they provide. But, most downtown shops could provide these trips.

Yes I am leaving tomorrow! I know it's short notice, as I only booked it on sat after checking on Gustav's status. I'm staying downtown on calle 24 and 5th ave. I've already been talking to one shop who will do all four dives but I'll also check out aquanauts. I do agree I think it would be easier to stay with one shop.

Hiya Lol212, I'm looking forward to gettin' wet with you. I have a special treat lined up for us tomorrow. See you at 8:30 at the beach ready to go check out one of my secret reefs with another couple from SB. Sleep well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom