Going to Grand Sirenis Mar29-Apr5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don954

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I will be going to grand sirenis at the end of the month with my better half. Unfortunately she does not dive so i won't have a buddy and i would like to get a dive or two in. I hope i will run into someone or one of the DM will accompany me but if there is anyone in the same boat or don't mind me taggin along to a pair msg me!

I am novice however i am very safe and confortable in the water. My dad is an instructor and threw me in the water before i could walk.. i'm an easy to get along with kind of guy.

Can't wait!!

Don

Grand Sirenus is very close to Akumal Bay and Half Moon Bay for those not staying at Grand Sirenis and still want to meet up for a dive. On the subject, how much roughly should i expect it to cost for a boat dive with rental of tank, BCD, weights?

Hello Don954,
We are thinking of going to the Grand Serenis next march but were wondering if they have an on-site dice centre?
We've been in Akumal (beach centre, direclty on the beach) back in 2008 and would like to go back to a more luxurious hotel next year but i cannot see any info on dive centre.
Do we have to take a cab to Akumal?
Thanks,
Mj

PS: Do you reccomend the Grand Serenis hotel?

Grand Sirenis was awesome! We both wish we had another week to stay there which is usually for us is usually not the case (we're both usually bored after 8-10 days). There was a Dive center on the beach when we went named Aqua Inn and they were very good. If its still the same lady running the shop her email is anyniz@hotmail.com.

If the weather works out for you, my favorite spot was called Yakaloo, or something like that... Great reafs with twisting canyons to dive through, we saw some Caret Turtels at about 80ft too! I did a bit of Cenote/Cave diving while i was there and while it was interesting to do, there's not much to see since most are fresh water.

We upgraded to the beach front building which wasn't cheap but it was really nice to wake up and go on the patio and have something nice to look at, or when your winding down and having a cigar on the patio. Beach was well maintained, food was typical for all inclusives, go to the brazilian restaurant :wink: unless your veggitarian... Service was awesome and they weren't cheap with the booze just ask for mucho ron with every drink, and bring lots of american 1 dollar bills...

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Don

Back
Top Bottom