Going to CSSP soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SamMan

Reaction score
Hello again all!

My wife and i just got back from Scuba Toys and purchased all our new euipment.
For me:
Reg: Zeagle Flathead VI
BCD: Zeagle Brigade
Wetsuit/Hood: Bares
Computer: Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus II

For the wife:
Reg: Atomic Z2
BCD: Zeagle Zena
Wetsuit/Hood: Henderson Hyperstretch
Computer: Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus II

This is our starting setup that should last us a good while with minor upgrades later.

We will be going to CSSP in a couple of weeks to try it out, anyone have any recent updates on the park?

Thanks all,
Dive safe
Shawn

No, I haven't been out there for awhile, but I'll look forward to seeing you and your wife out there in the future and I hope we can dive together. Welcome to the Swamp! :D

Vis is less that good in most spots,,,,water temp is around 51f.,,,,pond is low.

Took a friend out today to tweak his new set of doubles

Max depth I hit was 29 feet, computer reads 52 degrees, vis in spots was 2-3', as high as 5' in one spot and I could make out a color/shadow blob at about 6-7' max, very very windy today and striin up along the banks, vis along the banks was 1.5' max

FIXXERVI6:

Max depth I hit was 29 feet, computer reads 52 degrees, vis in spots was 2-3', as high as 5' in one spot and I could make out a color/shadow blob at about 6-7' max, very very windy today and striin up along the banks, vis along the banks was 1.5' max

The Vizmaster has spoken. All hail the Vizmaster.

Rick,
What size was your friend’s doubles? The size makes a difference for me with the weight and position on my back. I remember my first time of nose planting from my tanks being too high on my back- funny when you look back at it. :D

How low was the pond? I am a little surprised with it being spring feed.
You have to love visibility that is like looking through pea soup – yuck.

When I get my ears cleared from this cold (flu and head cold) we need to get together and see what has been happening and do a little diving.

Regards, Andrew

FIXXERVI6:

He has 130's, as required so that he doesn't screw up the rest of the teams 3rds :)

last dive I think he got it zeroed in pretty good after some harness adjustments and such, seamed to trim out good I think the rest is just getting used to jumping in the water with over 100lbs of steel on your back.

My current dive schedule is as follows

Weekend Feb 17th JB, Twin in Florida

March 10 - 18 Florida full cave course and Devils!!!!

Inbetween all of that gotta plug the holes with some dives at travis, in hunt for the elusive windex layer, at which time I'll be draggin out the turkey burgers and grill again, maybe try to start to get my wetsuit buddies back in the water.. doubt it tho.

Not sure how low it was, I normally dive travis, only went to CSSP for the dude to get his doubles adjusted.

I watched a guy in a set of 98's go around a cave on his head, I never recommend 95' 98's to anyone unless they are short, thats the other reason he is on 130's, trim out much better, funny thing is when I first dabbled with the idea of doubles I was told that 104's were too heavy that I'd "die" that 98's were perfect but I had to have more training for them because 98's would put you on your head and hard to handle in the water....

I understand now that the person that told me that bit of information did not know how to build a balanced rig, I put my wife on 98's, she is short and she trims out perfect... messes with my 3rds tho.. hehe

Crazyduck:
...How low was the pond? I am a little surprised with it being spring feed...

On Saturday, 04Feb, I estimated it was 3'-5' below levels of summer 2005, based on: (1) number of above-water steps at next-to-last stairs; and (2) bank striations/grass growth. Obviously, a subjective opinion. More objectively, the platform nearest the plane was at 19'.

(Edited to remove blame for smell: after thinking about it, it was my plastic bag which had made too many un-aerated trips! And it wasn't even my wetsuit bag, thereby eliminating the possibility of elimination as the cause of the smell. It was my hood/gloves/booties bag.)

We had to motivate ourselves by thinking blue to put up with the brown:10:

Andrew: I'll post all the up comming runs on here, if you the dates work we can car pool or what not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom