Going to CSSP soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6:
He has 130's, as required so that he doesn't screw up the rest of the teams 3rds :)

last dive I think he got it zeroed in pretty good after some harness adjustments and such, seamed to trim out good I think the rest is just getting used to jumping in the water with over 100lbs of steel on your back.

My current dive schedule is as follows

Weekend Feb 17th JB, Twin in Florida

March 10 - 18 Florida full cave course and Devils!!!!

Inbetween all of that gotta plug the holes with some dives at travis, in hunt for the elusive windex layer, at which time I'll be draggin out the turkey burgers and grill again, maybe try to start to get my wetsuit buddies back in the water.. doubt it tho.

Sounds like you have some great treks planned--awsome!! Outside of normal Tx pond dives I have a few schd. for 06':
Feb. 24-26 Beavers Bend
March 25 Lake Murray
April 28-30 Flower Gardens
May 27-28 Lake Ouachita
June tbd Oronogo
July 21-23 Stetson Bank
Aug. tbd/2 weeks Lake Superior/Michigan
Oct. tbd Oronogo
Winter 06' tbd ice diving trek

** SamMan-- looks like a few of us sorta highjacked your thread---sorry not our norm.,,,,excuse us....and Congrts on your new gear!!!

Rick,
Sounds good to me, I would like to be involved.

I have to overhaul my Poseidon’s this spring- yuck. That is the worst part of diving Poseidon’s getting them serviced.

On the table for consideration is an entry level trimix class just something to take the edge of 120-150ft dives. Plus, I would like to finish out my sidemount rig and start on a few scuba related projects- drying rack, and dry gloves.

Plus, we are talking about a trip to Mexico.
However, a few trips to Austin would be great.

Later, Andrew

Andrew,,,, the invite stands to hook up with me for some dips,,,,as you know I am a full season diver...so get that drysuit out and give a shout....will try to hit the water this upcoming weekend, last weekend fell thru for me. Alan

Crazyduck:
Plus, we are talking about a trip to Mexico.
However, a few trips to Austin would be great.

When you thinking Akumal? I know Tucker's is planning a trip in late June/early July that Rick and I were wanted to go on depending on the timing (and we should be full cave by then). If the timing doesn't work out, we'll probably go on our own.

I think I have entry level mix on the schedule for late next summer, I think, I can never keep this stuff straight, until then I'm bottoming out at around 150 feet and carry an 80 with as hot of a mix as I can get right now.

texdiveguy:
Sounds like you have some great treks planned--awsome!! Outside of normal Tx pond dives I have a few schd. for 06':
Feb. 24-26 Beavers Bend
March 25 Lake Murray
April 28-30 Flower Gardens
May 27-28 Lake Ouachita
June tbd Oronogo
July 21-23 Stetson Bank
Aug. tbd/2 weeks Lake Superior/Michigan
Oct. tbd Oronogo
Winter 06' tbd ice diving trek

** SamMan-- looks like a few of us sorta highjacked your thread---sorry not our norm.,,,,excuse us....and Congrts on your new gear!!!

Are you doing Ouachita with a shop? loosebits and I were talking about putting together a small crew and renting a boat for out there, I hear its deep and the vis deep is good....

texdiveguy:
Andrew,,,, the invite stands to hook up with me for some dips,,,,as you know I am a full season diver...so get that drysuit out and give a shout....will try to hit the water this upcoming weekend, last weekend fell thru for me. Alan

Thanks Alan, I will keep that in mind. I am still working on clearing out my ears from the Flu. Soon as I can clear and am 100% I will give you a yell.

loosebits:
When you thinking Akumal? I know Tucker's is planning a trip in late June/early July that Rick and I were wanted to go on depending on the timing (and we should be full cave by then). If the timing doesn't work out, we'll probably go on our own.

This would be more of a Cozumel trip, with a few days diving in either Akumal or with the German on Cozumel in the Aerolite system. I will have to see what’s happening a little further along. Plus, I am thinking of getting in touch with Matt about doing some deep scooter wall dives on Silent Submersion. Web- http://www.protecdiving.com/ plus, they have the Diverite rebreather and the Meg. Drool!

FIXXERVI6:
I think I have entry level mix on the schedule for late next summer, I think, I can never keep this stuff straight, until then I'm bottoming out at around 150 feet and carry an 80 with as hot of a mix as I can get right now.

I might be convinced to hold off, if we could get a group together, I know a few local instructors and someone in Destin Florida. Now if they would sink that damn carrier.
But, I would rather have a group of folks that could dive together.

Later, Andrew

FIXXERVI6:
Are you doing Ouachita with a shop? loosebits and I were talking about putting together a small crew and renting a boat for out there, I hear its deep and the vis deep is good....

Ouachita is with a small group not a shop.....the diving is usually good. Pontoons will rent for around 250./6 hours.

WaterWayne:
On Saturday, 04Feb, I estimated it was 3'-5' below levels of summer 2005, based on: (1) number of above-water steps at next-to-last stairs; and (2) bank striations/grass growth. Obviously, a subjective opinion. More objectively, the platform nearest the plane was at 19'.

I was most surprised at the residual smell this time. I've been throwing my wet gear into plastic bags and rinsing at home, but this time it was a very rude smell that exploded out of my plastic bags, just a couple of hours later. That spring must be flowing through the dregs...

We had to motivate ourselves by thinking blue to put up with the brown:10:

Actually I don't think the lake smells right now.

I found that bringing a big Sterlite tub to put all my wet gear into after diving really helps. Even though it has a lid the gear can still breath.
In addition ... I discovered that when I quit peeing in my wetsuit the foul smells went away no matter what time of year it was.

Have you tried that yet ? :D

Y'know, it wasn't the lake smell after all, now that I've reflected that the smell came from one bag only, the one with hood, gloves, and booties. I guess that bag (semi-sealed) has just made too many trips. That means that I eliminated my own possible elimination as a cause of the smell, as well. Thanks for the tip about the Sterlite tub!

Back
Top Bottom