Going to Bonaire over xmas question on theft..unique situation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aside from thieves hauling a gas chop saw or an acetylene torch set with them, I'm finding it strange to not have implemented some form a lock box bolted in a vehicle as of yet.....
I'd be concerned with the some enterprising young person smashing a window out of spite. After all, one does not lock the vehicle because the thieves are unafraid to smash a window.

In regards to a dead light or old camera case, swing by your LDS. They'll likely have something like that in the stacks of bits and pieces they have in back.

And another..
Diver Locator Satellite PLB Canister from HDVSEATEK.

I bought one of these and it's a solid piece of kit. It has the advantage of not being metallic, so no concerns about corrosion etc. Carrying it is a little tricky as it isn't tiny. There is a spot to attach a stainless split ring, so I used this to attack a bolt snap.

I think it was about $100 CDN, including shipping from Australia
Nice!

Back
Top Bottom