Going to Bonaire over xmas question on theft..unique situation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deaf diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello all. I am deaf. I wear Cochlear Implants to hear when I am not underwater diving. I am going to Bonaire over Xmas and new years with my daughter. I have read that you should NEVER leave anything of value in your vehicle and leave windows down when shore diving. This is a problem for me since I have to take my Processors (similar looking device as a hearing aid) off before I dive. I have to either leave them off all day and not be able to communicate with my daughter when we are going to another dive site and our surface interval or leave them in the truck or on shore?? Any suggestions solutions??
Thanks
Greg

I'm not sure how big those are but I use an old dive light with the innards removed to carry stuff with me while I am diving. Everything stays dry and protected from pressure. My stuff is just car keys now that they have the ones with electronics and some spending money. Nothing as sensitive as what you have but if they fit you are golden.

I see you are in the Twin Cities, I am too. We live in Champlin. My wife and I will be in Bonaire Dec. 27 - Jan 6 staying at Bamboo Bali.

20181014_145325.jpg that's a great idea. Any idea if they sell a waterproof container. My lights are all still functional. We are staying at Buddy dive. Let's hook up and do a couple together

You might want to put them in a zipZip bag as added protection if the case leaks.

Maybe a stupid question, but do you know if your processors are going to be OK at depth, pressure wise?

If you can't find anything cheap, you might try a GoPro Hero 3 case .

It really amazes me that the rental companies haven't gone with some form of a lock box in vehicles.... Think of what we would likely be willing to pay to rent one.... I sense a cottage industry business....

It really amazes me that the rental companies haven't gone with some form of a lock box in vehicles.... Think of what we would likely be willing to pay to rent one.... I sense a cottage industry business....

Once you make something idiot proof, they build a better idiot (in this case, thief).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom