Going to Bermuda, have questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi we are coming to Tuckerspoint Hotel on Oct 8th and leaving the 12th, my daughter is getting married there? Do you have a recomendation as to dive shops near there if possible? Do most have really current gear or should we bring our own gear? What is the weather / water temp like then?:D

Hello,

The closest dive shop I believe to Tuckers Point is Triangle Diving located at the Grotto bay resort. Triangle Diving Bermuda - Best Dive Shop . I would not be surprised if Tuckers Point has organised trips with a dive shop but that is something to ask them. Many of the dive shops do have current gear but feel free to email them directly, they normally are quick and have a friendly answer.

let me know if you have any other questions, if you want a quicker answer please feel free to private message me..

Hi we are coming to Tuckerspoint Hotel on Oct 8th and leaving the 12th, my daughter is getting married there? Do you have a recomendation as to dive shops near there if possible? Do most have really current gear or should we bring our own gear? What is the weather / water temp like then?:D

Weather is great in early October. Water temps then should be high 70's. Go to www,weather.bm, go to "CLIMATE" tab, and you can retrieve daily historical weather report tables for the last 9 years or so, with water temps, rainfall, air temp data. Tuckers Point has there own dive operation which is $$$$ but will be extremely convenient for you. It is brand new with a really nice dive boat. A more reasonble bet price-wise would be Triangle Diving, which is a 5 minute taxi ride away. Diving in Bermuda is generally expensive, as is everything else down here, as you are probably well aware of by now given you are planning a wedding at Tuckers. Quality of the rental gear at both is very good, so probably no need to bring your own.

Actually, the closest dive shop to Tuckers Point is the . . . Tuckers Point dive shop. Opened a few months ago.

Thanks so much to all who answered my questions. I will try an email to Tuckers Point dive shop. If I use their equipment I would like to bring my own mouth piece. I have older US Divers Con shelf IX and it takes a type I mouthpiece do you have any knowledge about what the current regulators use as far as mouthpiece size?:confused:

Thanks so much to all who answered my questions. I will try an email to Tuckers Point dive shop. If I use their equipment I would like to bring my own mouth piece. I have older US Divers Con shelf IX and it takes a type I mouthpiece do you have any knowledge about what the current regulators use as far as mouthpiece size?:confused:

Depends on the reg. When you book your dives at Tuckers, just ask them if they have new mouthpieces that they can install on the reg, in your presence of course, so that you are assured it is brand new out of the bag. I'm actually a member of the Tuckers Point club. They will be more than accomodating I'm sure and I'd be very surprised if they tried to charge you for a mouthpiece.

Actually, the closest dive shop to Tuckers Point is the . . . Tuckers Point dive shop. Opened a few months ago.

I thought I heard about something that, says alot I live down the west end of the island.... its sad to say I don't go up that end of the island to often.

Hi,
I'm going to Bermuda on July 4th. Going to stay near John Smith's Bay.
Planning to do a few dives, wreck and possibly reef. What would be the best shop to dive with at that location?

Thank you.

Noob

From your location, your best bet is Triangle Diving, which is located at the Grotto Bay Hotel, about a 10 minute drive from your location. As a comparison, you'd have to drive about 40 minutes to get to Blue Water Divers, and about 30 minutes to get to Dive Bermuda at the Southampton Princess. I've used all the operators countless times, and Triangle is my favorite. Triangle Diving is an outstanding dive operation and you won't be disappointed. It would be best to call ahead and book your spots, as that is probably going to be a very busy weekend wherever you go.

Thanks, NJdiver85...
That's what I figured looking at the map, but I didn't know how good they are. I'll call them up to schedule my dives.

Thanks again.

From your location, your best bet is Triangle Diving, which is located at the Grotto Bay Hotel, about a 10 minute drive from your location. As a comparison, you'd have to drive about 40 minutes to get to Blue Water Divers, and about 30 minutes to get to Dive Bermuda at the Southampton Princess. I've used all the operators countless times, and Triangle is my favorite. Triangle Diving is an outstanding dive operation and you won't be disappointed. It would be best to call ahead and book your spots, as that is probably going to be a very busy weekend wherever you go.

I agree with you 100%. Triangle is easily the best operator on the island. Diving is also much better. Make sure that you give yourself at least an hour to visit the free caves at the Grotto Beach Hotel. They are about 5 mins walk from the dive shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom