Going to Bermuda, have questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BDAfreediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I live in Bermuda so if you want or need any information let me know and I will be happy to help you out in any way I can!

I love my island and I want others to enjoy its beauty both on land and in the ocean!

Divers and Non divers alike

Just send me a message or post here :D
take care

I am headed to Bermuda on March 1st. Staying at Fairmont Southampton and I have contacted Dive Bermuda about diving with them, but they told me to check with them a few days before arriving to see about weather (which makes me a little nervous! ). Any tips?

Thanks,

Todd

hello,

Dive Bermuda runs from the Fairmont Southampton and has great access to several wonderful sites. Most of their runs to these locations are only a few minutes away. I have met some of their instructors and they are normally very polite in answer questions or assisting.
Also about the weather sadly I can't help with that, their are some days in March that are 75 + degrees F or warmer and others which can drop back down with high winds. So it is best to wait till you are on island or a day or two out too check in. Bermuda Weather Service is our weather website so you can always check for yourself on the five day forcast!
Their are also great snorkeling sites as well as diving sites you can do from beach access, Church bay is a great one for snorkelers but Dive Bermuda will take you out to the wrecks close to shore.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
:D

I have been to Bermuda about 20 times. Stayed at the Princess once as well. Usually we are repeaters at the nearby Reefs. The weather Nov. - March can be downright chilly and other times sunny and nice. The good aspect is you should be getting great off season rates and no crowds. Enjoy the rail trail for walking and the lovely surroundings. You might want to dine at The Reefs.

Have fun..I have snorkeled Church Bay numerous times. SUPER..

We're coming to Bermuda May 10, 2009 and will be wanting to dive when the ship arrives. We would like to book a dive excursion before we get there but generally prefer not to use the on-board excursions. Do you have a suggestion for a dive group??

There are quite a few sites where is your ship docking in Bermuda and I will let you know what are the closet dive companies

We are looking for options after deciding against Mexico. Can you suggest a great moderate priced resort that will work for two divers accompanied by two non-diving spouses.

Hello,

I live in Bermuda so if you want or need any information let me know and I will be happy to help you out in any way I can!

I love my island and I want others to enjoy its beauty both on land and in the ocean!

take care

Hi, I will be headed to kings wharf via royal carrib, arriving may 25. what kind of temp can we expect are beaches ok for swimming/snorkling. I am planning on diving looking at bwd direct also considering booking with cruise. how much would cab fare be from the ship to the dive shop? is a 3 mm shortie plus a full heavy skin enough. also wife wants to snuba on excursion would she need more than a bathing suit or is water warm enough for that? i am looking at using a cab to get to the beaches (horseshoe bay area) how much in cab fare would that be from kings wharf. any other suggestions are welcome. thanks for your help.

Hello,

take care

Hi we are coming to Tuckerspoint Hotel on Oct 8th and leaving the 12th, my daughter is getting married there? Do you have a recomendation as to dive shops near there if possible? Do most have really current gear or should we bring our own gear? What is the weather / water temp like then?:D

Sorry for my late reply but the reality of the summer season has come to mind and it is getting busier which means more working hours!
In Bermuda though their are many hotels here on the island are cutting prices. A nice hotel with their own dive shop is the Fairmont Southampton princess: Bermuda Resorts: The Fairmont Southampton Hotel & Resort in Bermuda They have great views of the South Shore(Where all the reefs are and many wrecks) and they do have a dive shop right on their beach, many of the dive sites are minutes boat ride away. Another option which has water access and a dive site about 10 minutes away is 9 beaches, this has many water sport activies and good snorkeling. 9 Beaches Bermuda Resort
There are also many other hotels available on island, as well as bed and breakfasts I can offer so more ideas but let me know and I can post them....

Back
Top Bottom