Going to Belize - need wetsuit help....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny how we differ so much in tolerance to the cold. I live in south Florida and I'm always freezing. I am definitely a wuss when it comes to cold weather.

I just ordered a Bare progressive 5/4 in black. I did my research and determined it was the most bang for the buck at just under $200 from ST.

I went to belize in Jan and the water temp was 79-80, but night dives had a few folks chilled. I wore a 2mm shorty the entire week and didnt feel cold at all.

I am a very cold diver. But a 5 mil would be to much for Belize. I use my heavily worn 3 mil hyperstretch (which is probably closer to a 2 mil) for the caribbean.

Which is where I prefer to dive. Save the 5 mil for north of cuba.

I live in Belize and dive almost daily, year round. I no longer even own a neoprene suit but just dive in a skin. I'm rarely cold under water (though it does occasionally happen and I use it as an opportunity to lose weight!), but sitting on an open boat after getting out of the water can sometimes be cold, especially at night. So I have a baggy nylon raincoat I slip on over my suit to act as a wind break, and it keeps me warm on the ride back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom