Going to 90 ft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same thing happened to a friend of mine who is a Master Instructor when he visited Bonaire - had to demonstrate he could clear his mask and recover his regulator. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? as they say in latin ('who will guard the guardians themselves'?).

I hate being a pedant....but Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Means who will (guard) watch the (guardians) watchers?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Ipsos! Means who will watch (guard) the watchers (guardians)? They will! (They themselves) from Juvenal....

OP They (DMs) will arrest you on the spot! Only if your head doesn't explode when you hit 91ft! Look at the big pocket on the DM's BCD he has water cuffs in there! The fine is very harsh depending on the time of day! But when you fight it in court ask that the DM's Depth gauge be calibrated and tell the judge you want the case dismissed dur to the rule of thirds! It will be an instant dismissal! :wink: :police:

comment_scubapolice1.gif

91 feet! You goin to da big house bo'uh. You in a heep'o'trouble.

comment_scubapolice1.gif

91 feet! You goin to da big house bo'uh. You in a heep'o'trouble.

:rofl3:

Honest Officer, my depth gauge only read 55!!!

:D

Best wishes!

oooops, double post.

I hate being a pedant....but Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Means who will (guard) watch the (guardians) watchers?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Ipsos! Means who will watch (guard) the watchers (guardians)? They will! (They themselves) from Juvenal....

I like pedantic people, but I didn't think that was the exact Juvenal quote... Also it is literally guard not watch I believe in Latin.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine who is a Master Instructor when he visited Bonaire - had to demonstrate he could clear his mask and recover his regulator. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? as they say in latin ('who will guard the guardians themselves'?).

I am still struggling to learn some new tec finning techniques so I am not a gifted diver but I have to wonder why clearing one's mask is an issue for anyone. :idk:

You 31 feet over the depth limit, bo'uh, dat be big tyme, you gonna pay :no:. You Know what we'uns do with purty bo'uhs down 'roun heah huh, yankee bo'uh? :idk:

N

My girlfriend got her OW certification 2 weeks ago in Florida, then we left for a cruise to Cozumel and Caymans

In both locations, although C card numbers were requested when we signed waivers in the shop, the cards were not asked for. Along in the group was a diver certified as a "Padi Scuba Diver" which as some may know is a "limited certification" that allows a diver to go to a depth of 40 feet only under the direct supervision of a divemaster or instructor.

We were down to 105 feet in Caymans and about 80 in Cozumel. Although there were helpful and informative divemasters "around and available" in both cases, they weren't acting like "Scuba Police".

Nobody cares.

Back
Top Bottom