Going price for AL80 needing hydro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryan0319:
If you Hydro and have them VIPed before you sell them you will get a much better price.

I'd stop at the hydro prior to knowing where the buyer is. If it passes hydro then the VIP is a no brainer ( correct me if I'm wrong). If you need to ship the cylinder to a buyer then out goes the air and with it quite likely the VIP.

I'd price it as a freshly hydro'd cylinder and let the ultimate user get the VIP.

Since it is still a live cylinder I'd try to unload it (them) as is. You are in a very compressed marked (no pun intended) between new cost and what you hope to recover. Any money you pay out may not come back 100%. Best bet may be to make the deal, then execute testing if included.

Pete

I'd be interested in buying a tank that needs a hydro. And local shops would want a local VIP so even if you do hydro them, I would hold off on VIP. And you have to send them with valve off and empty anyways, so no need to even refill them :) Drain em, devalve em, pack em and send em!

ryan0319:
If you Hydro and have them VIPed before you sell them you will get a much better price.

No.... I think it would be almost same price. The used tank price is almost set up in the market.

Even though the hydro and vip prices vary depending on the locations, it would be $35 more ( Hydro $25 plus $10 VIP). So, the price will be ended up $70 ~ $80 with a yoke valve...

Scared Silly:
I always tell folks to take their cylinders directly to the local hydro facility. Also I found that if you have more than 4 cylinders it is worth while to take the PSI Cylinder inspection course so you can do you own inspections. I do my mine and some friends here and there.

Depending on where you are. Some LDS don't honor your inspection sticker......

Check out this thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=2235392#post2235392

We have many previous threads to cove this matter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom