Going price for AL80 needing hydro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RPanick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm thinking of selling my AL80 cylinders, and some of them need their first hydro in the spring. Any idea what I should ask for them? General condition is good, some are Nixtrox cleaned, but I expect they will need to be recleaned after hydro so that probably doesn't matter.

In case you wonder I'm looking at moving to Steel HP100s.

here, most of the LDS's charge $20 to $25 for a hydro, but they take it to a hydro facility. However, there are a few that charge $50 for this service. (yet he went out of business last year. I wonder why? hmmmm.....).

That $20 to $25 typically here doesn't include a Visual or an air fill. which runs $5 to $10 more for the visual and around $5 for a fill.

I can go direct to the hydro facility and I think they charge $12 here. I got a hydro, VIP+ and airfill from them for $19.

O2 cleaning prices differ per shop if you plan on using it for partial pressure O2 filling for Nitrox. I think mine charges around $20 for this.

Actually, you are planing to sell it without the hydro renewal, aren't you?

If then, as for the reasonable price, it would be $40 with a yoke valve and hydro passing gaurantee. Of course, the shipping is extra.....

You do not have to go through the LDS. You can take it to a hydro facility and pay what the dive store pays. Here in S.E. TX it is $10.00 plus tax for a whopping total of $10.83.

Here in town, it's like $30 to go through one shop, $35 through another. The local hydro place charged me $22.50. LDS1 wanted $10.50 for VIP, the other wanted $18.50. My tank is old, LDS1 refused to do anything with it, LDS2 said they would VIP it but they were the only ones that would fill it. They understood, alot of their older tanks are being refused in lots of places, and they are a well known dive shop too...

Anyways, I might be interested in one of those tanks!!

I always tell folks to take their cylinders directly to the local hydro facility. Also I found that if you have more than 4 cylinders it is worth while to take the PSI Cylinder inspection course so you can do you own inspections. I do my mine and some friends here and there.

Sounds like I need to check around, we've noticed this LDS is high on some stuff, but this sounds quite high. I think I'll check the yellow pages.

If you Hydro and have them VIPed before you sell them you will get a much better price.

Back
Top Bottom