Going Iberostar Week Before Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's a reasonable price to pay for Enriched Gas cert?
At one time the course & card was being offered for $100, no dives required. I think most shops are requiring training dives with the course now to justify charging more, but I do not see the logic.

I got Padi to issue a Rescue & Nitrox combo card at no extra cost when I finished the second course.. They didn't want to as their business is primarily selling cards, but I kept them on the phone until they gave in. I don't guess they are allowed to hang up on stubborn members.

Odd compared to other information.

I did ask Iberostar directly and they assured me there is no charge to the guests to use the pier. They stated this in an email response when i asked about having another dive op pick us up. I think the issue is between the dive ops and the hotels, and no one wants to charge their customers. Apparently, dive ops can pay for permission to use the pier. We arranged with Tres Pelicanos to pick us up in the water if there was any problem getting us from the pier, and there was none. It looked like an easy pickup from shallow water if they had been refused a place to dock.

I did ask Iberostar directly and they assured me there is no charge to the guests to use the pier. They stated this in an email response when i asked about having another dive op pick us up. I think the issue is between the dive ops and the hotels, and no one wants to charge their customers. Apparently, dive ops can pay for permission to use the pier. We arranged with Tres Pelicanos to pick us up in the water if there was any problem getting us from the pier, and there was none. It looked like an easy pickup from shallow water if they had been refused a place to dock.

Hmm, differing answers. Makes it no easier.

What's a reasonable price to pay for Enriched Gas cert? Dressel has free Nitrox and I'm thinking of taking advantage of it since you can do most of it online.

Also, where's the best spot or do it on-site?

Dressel was asking 230$ usd per person, minus the 20% rebate for ordering online in advance.

I just paid 230$ usd for two people at my local dive shop in Montreal. PADI eLarning, with a one hour demonstration and practice with an instructor at the dive shop.

Hmm, differing answers. Makes it no easier.
I remember it being absolutely maddening to try to plan our August trip. At least 3P was willing to work with me on a backup plan. I would have given Dressel a try, but their communication was especially poor and we ran out of time with the slow back/forth miscommunications. FWIW, Dressel didn’t LOOK bad. And the Iberostar worked out very well for us.

I remember it being absolutely maddening to try to plan our August trip. At least 3P was willing to work with me on a backup plan. I would have given Dressel a try, but their communication was especially poor and we ran out of time with the slow back/forth miscommunications. FWIW, Dressel didn’t LOOK bad. And the Iberostar worked out very well for us.

Who is 3P? Seems like I remember seeing a member here representing them.

Back
Top Bottom