Going Iberostar Week Before Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your 1st mistake already was booking AI in Cozumel.

Haha, your mistake is thinking it was only I that made the decision. The non-swimmer wife likes the smaller place that Iberostar is and the boat rides for diving are so short. The WiFi still works on the boats at most dive sites.

We actually looked at a few hotels in town or within a short walk of town. We got such a deal on the trip that we figured we eat/drink more than what we'd save and it was all in one place.

Bought and paid for now. Diving is all that is left to decide. Daughter won't give me a definitive number of days diving. Once before I got 3 days of diving for 2 people and wound up her only going one day and I "was forced" to dive 5 days to use up the prepaid dives.

d I "was forced" to dive 5 days to use up the prepaid dives.

Sounds like a win win to me. lol

I have not used DWM in a few years but I did like them alot the 20 yrs that I did.

As far as what's changed, not alot. Same restaurants are there mostly, tons of scooter crashes, most expensive car rentals I've ever seen, and a dying reef is the only thing new I encountered last month when i was there

Just heard back from Paddi Davies and there is a $3.50 per person per day charge for picking up at Iberostar dock and no water picks allowed.

Just heard back from Paddi Davies and there is a $3.50 per person per day charge for picking up at Iberostar dock and no water picks allowed.
Is she with DWM? Is the $3½/day/person paid to the hotel or to DWM? The big problem in the past had to do with the dive Ops having to do more I think.

I don't think that the hotel can forbid shore pickups as the beaches are public, but I can imagine why an Op may not want to.

Yes, she is the scheduling person in the US that handles their bookings. They didn't say who collects.

Last time we stayed at the Iberostar ScubaTony would do a "shore'" pick up I just waded out to the boat, so they didn't even touch shore. As Don said, they do not own the public beach. Sorry not clear, was it Iberostar or Dressel that told you no water pick ups

Last time we stayed at the Iberostar ScubaTony would do a "shore'" pick up I just waded out to the boat, so they didn't even touch shore. As Don said, they do not own the public beach. Sorry not clear, was it Iberostar or Dressel that told you no water pick ups
It was Paddi from Dive with Martin that stated that and the $3.00 plus tax ($3.50) per person per day pickup at the Iberostar dock.

Sorry not clear, was it Iberostar or Dressel that told you no water pick ups
Paddi at DWM told him that. They could, but I can imagine reasons why they would refuse.

You won't likely beat the price at DWM especially since they provide rental gear at no cost. I have used them at least three times and never had a bad experience. David is perhaps the most entertaining DM I've met.

AI versus non-AI. We do AI about 1 in 10 visits and always love it. I wouldn't advise it to someone who rarely goes there or has never been because there are so many great local restaurants to try and so much culture on the island to experience and enjoy. But every now and then we like to be lazy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom