Go West Diving Curacao - Fall Special Offer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you said a room is a room it appeared you were saying one or two people shouldn't matter. Misread I guess :cheers:

I meant a room is a room to the owner. If the owner has determined he needs $100/night for the room based on his business model, and for marketing purposes calls it $50/person double-occupancy, he isn't going to accept $50 because one person wants it. Your $50 isn't paying for a room it's paying for 1/2 of a room. You can't rent 1/2 a room so a whole room is consumed and has to be paid for somehow. Same for a truck.

In my formula (2x - 190) the dbl-occ package price is 'x' and the 190 is the 3-day boat dives, so one person will pay the price for two persons less the per-person costs (diving) since only one spot on the boat is consumed. It will actually probably be (2x - 190 - 100) where the 100 is the cost of unlimited shore diving tanks.

here s a question.there is a post about a lot of theft on Bonaire what about Caracou? as the two islands are so close together.i visited both back in February and loved them both.so clean and great diving and would of never guessed theft is a huge problem

I've stayed at these apartments. The diving is EASY and the view is one of the best in the world. It's a great deal and worth jumping on.

FWIW, Curacao is Bonaire's wild sister. I like her far better.

here s a question.there is a post about a lot of theft on Bonaire what about Caracou? as the two islands are so close together.i visited both back in February and loved them both.so clean and great diving and would of never guessed theft is a huge problem

I've been to Bonaire and didn't personally have a theft issue but did see parking lots with lots of broken car glass. Haven't been to Curacao yet but one big difference is that Bonaire sites typically have few people there and no facilities, whereas most (not all) Curacao sites have facilities on site with lots of people hanging out. I think the standard advice and precautions apply but I'd feel more secure if I knew my car is parked in direct view of dive shop staff than in a desolate area with no witnesses.

I've stayed at these apartments. The diving is EASY and the view is one of the best in the world. It's a great deal and worth jumping on.

FWIW, Curacao is Bonaire's wild sister. I like her far better.

More crime?

More crime?
I haven't been 'hit' either on Curacao or Bonaire. I take the proper precautions and don't leave stuff in the open. Personally, I think the petty crime issue is over blown. I worry more about violent crimes and you rarely hear about those because the islands are fairly safe.

I haven't been 'hit' either on Curacao or Bonaire. I take the proper precautions and don't leave stuff in the open. Personally, I think the petty crime issue is over blown. I worry more about violent crimes and you rarely hear about those because the islands are fairly safe.

Why the preference of Curacao over Bonaire? More to do topside?

Why the preference of Curacao over Bonaire? More to do topside?
Not topside, but there's more to experience underwater. Bonaire is a wonderful place with wonderful diving. Curacao is a bit more varied and interesting to me. Yes, there is more topside, but I prefer the diving on Curacao as well.

Not topside, but there's more to experience underwater. Bonaire is a wonderful place with wonderful diving. Curacao is a bit more varied and interesting to me. Yes, there is more topside, but I prefer the diving on Curacao as well.
i only spent a day on each (cruise ship)but i loved them both and would like to go back and spend at least a week there its funny we also did st Thomas Dominica and Grenada and Dominica and Grenada have less than a one percent crime rate because it is hard time .sleep on a cement floor and basic food .even though both were more rustic .you just felt safe there

On Bonaire, my typical day was load tanks and gear in the truck, find a dive site, and gear up. Either not have brought any non-diving stuff like cell phone or try to hide it well and hope I get lucky. Then have a nice dive. On the surface, if I'm hungry or thirsty I can eat and drink something if I remembered to bring it and the cooler is still there or just do without for awhile. If I have to go #2 I'll just have to hold it. If I decide to do another dive and the other tank is still in the truck, have another nice dive. At end of diving, put tank and gear back in truck and watch the salt crystallize on my gear.

On Curacao, my plan is to load gear in the truck, find a dive site, rent a tank onsite and gear up. Leave my cell phone and other stuff safely behind the shop counter or in a locker. Then have a nice dive. On the surface, if I'm hungry or thirsty I can buy a burger and a soda onsite and perhaps a beer or two after all the diving. If I have to go #2 I'll just use the toilet. If I decide to do another dive I'll rent another tank and have another nice dive. At end of diving, return tank, rinse gear in the rinse tank and put it back in truck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom