Go West Diving Curacao - Fall Special Offer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just received information about this Fall Special from Go West Diving, see the link below. Curacao is below the hurricane belt and the water should be nice and warm in the autumn but it might be rainy at that time of year - or it might be sunny instead!

Dive Into Fall Special - Go West Diving

Based on 2 people in a studio apartment. Yeah, that's always the case. Double occupance always prevents me from taking advantage of deals.

Based on 2 people in a studio apartment. Yeah, that's always the case. Double occupance always prevents me from taking advantage of deals.

Yes, dive travel is very pricey for single divers. There is a group called Single Divers that focuses on divers without buddies and they organize and offer trips. I don't have any personal experience with them because I was lucky and married my buddy, but they have been around for a long time. The best savings are available when you are willing to share accommodations with another diver, see the link below.

SingleDivers.com - Home

Honestly not much of a deal for that part of the island. Kharon check out now krusero. Their studios are very inexpensive.

Honestly not much of a deal for that part of the island. Kharon check out now krusero. Their studios are very inexpensive.

I thought it was interesting because it included the truck rental. When we visited Bonaire and Curacao in the past we always rented a vehicle separately - but I know that some packages include the truck.

Have stayed at Nos Krusero twice over the past 3 years. Both times in the top floor 1 bedroom. Clean, simple with a great view of the sea. Very quiet area and not for everyone since it is a good 45 minutes from Willemstad and the Airport. Definitely need a vehicle. Dive West across the street. Excellent shore dives. If you want to do a lot of diving in a quiet part of the island then this is your place. If you are looking for a mix of diving and other touristy things with restaurants and activity options nearby then consider Sunscape or Sea Aquarium just a less than 10 minute drive from Willemstad. Use the Dive Bus for your diving needs.

Yes, dive travel is very pricey for single divers. There is a group called Single Divers that focuses on divers without buddies and they organize and offer trips. I don't have any personal experience with them because I was lucky and married my buddy, but they have been around for a long time. The best savings are available when you are willing to share accommodations with another diver, see the link below.

SingleDivers.com - Home

That would be most unfortunate for whoever got stuck with me. I snore so loud the walls shake. I wouldn't do that to someone and ruin their trip.

Nos krusero Wow! $65/night. Very nice looking apartments.. I'm going to have to look into flights from Albany to Curasao. I've heard the entries are easier but the reef is farther away. What are the boats like - giant stride entry? Sturdy ladders so you can climb out with gear on? What about the house reef at Nos krusero?

We put together our own lodging, vehicle rental, diving package when we dive Curacao or Bonaire each fall for 3 weeks.

However, the Go West package is not a bad deal considering the 6 Days Shore Diving + 3 Two-Tank Morning Boat Dives package is valued at $369 on its own. That leaves $498 for 7 nights of lodging, the rental truck, taxes and round-trip airport transfers or $71.14 per day per person in the studio. Plus you have the advantage of one stop shopping.

The house reef is across the street at the gowest dive shop. Called Alice in wonderland aka playa kalki. Arguably the best shore dive on the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom