Go West Diving Curacao - Fall Special Offer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That would be most unfortunate for whoever got stuck with me. I snore so loud the walls shake. I wouldn't do that to someone and ruin their trip.

Nos krusero Wow! $65/night. Very nice looking apartments.. I'm going to have to look into flights from Albany to Curasao. I've heard the entries are easier but the reef is farther away. What are the boats like - giant stride entry? Sturdy ladders so you can climb out with gear on? What about the house reef at Nos krusero?

The house reef @ Go West is one of the top 3 shore dives in Curacao (my personal favourite). Either enter at the beach (little rocky but passable) or the Go West dock/ladder and jump in. Viz is excellent. Animal life is as good as in Bonaire minus the tarpon. Excellent snorkelling as well. Other than diving, there really isn't any other touristy thing to do in this western part of the island.

Boats are giant stride, climb ladder with all the gear. House reef is just amazing.

I just received information about this Fall Special from Go West Diving, see the link below. Curacao is below the hurricane belt and the water should be nice and warm in the autumn but it might be rainy at that time of year - or it might be sunny instead!

Dive Into Fall Special - Go West Diving

Wonder what it would be for a single diver. Didn't see info on page.

You would have to call and ask them. I have seen wide variations in the single diver travel fees for many different venues.

If you are interested, I recently posted information about an all-inclusive dive package for Cayman Brac in September (lodgings, 2 meals per day, airport transfers, diving, taxes and tips) and the single diver price was only $217 higher than the double occupancy price, see the link below:

Throwback Special at Cayman Brac Beach Resort Still Available for Doubles and Single Occupancy

My bet is it will be close to (2x - 190) since the 3 days of diving are $190 since that's the only part that has an individual cost element. A room is a room and a truck is a truck, the cost remains the same whether it's one or two people, it just looks less when divided by two people.

Just fyi the house beach at Playa Kalki is HOT in the summer months because there is very little breeze... one of the things that makes the reef there spectacular. If you have a non diver with you they might be a little miserable if it is in the middle of the day. We dove Alice-in-Wonderland and it was just breathtaking. The amount of life and coral development is staggering up there. It did feel just like its title.

My bet is it will be close to (2x - 190) since the 3 days of diving are $190 since that's the only part that has an individual cost element. A room is a room and a truck is a truck, the cost remains the same whether it's one or two people, it just looks less when divided by two people.

You must be new. When you travel solo, places can and do charge what can turn out to be a significant amount of money for solo people for rooms.

It's very common, hence why I mentioned it.

You must be new. When you travel solo, places can and do charge what can turn out to be a significant amount of money for solo people for rooms.

It's very common, hence why I mentioned it.

You must be...something... because that is precisely what I am saying. The place is going to get the full cost of the room, regardless of how many people it's divided between.

@KathyV Thanks for starting this thread. Folks have added a lot of good information. Now..., to find time and money to get my a$$ to Curacao.

You must be...something... because that is precisely what I am saying. The place is going to get the full cost of the room, regardless of how many people it's divided between.

When you said a room is a room it appeared you were saying one or two people shouldn't matter. Misread I guess :cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom