Go Pro or ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red filters aren't really needed on the Action 3/4 as the camera has a built in white light sensor.

Personally, I find the red filters annoying, they're fine at depth but when in the shallows you can end up with a lot of red footage you can't do anything with.
Not saying the white light sensor is perfect but at least if doesn't add artificial red into the footage.

You are correct! I just watched a couple comparison videos of the two and it looks like Action does a much better job of capturing color on scuba than GoPro, at least "out of camera". My recommendation was coming from the OP stating he does not know color correction and GoPro without a filter definitely needs color correction which I am quite experienced with. If one is not comfortable with color correction then they will get a better result with a red filter, IMHO.

However, I was unaware of the much better color out of camera on the Action 4. This alone makes me consider its time to change from GoPro 11 to Action 4.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom