Go Pro Hero 6 Black accessories for diving and snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A backscatter double handed tray priced 59 Usd for the American market in Italy costs 90 euros including shipping from Germany. It’s like 108 usd...

There's a nice Italian housing for the GoPro. GoPro Hero6 Black
450 euros of Ouch! That thing's $60 shy of the cost of a brand new Hero6 Black. For that kind of money I think I'll just buy a second camera should anything happen to it.

450 euros of Ouch! That thing's $60 shy of the cost of a brand new Hero6 Black. For that kind of money I think I'll just buy a second camera should anything happen to it.
True, they cost a lot. There is another similar Italian brand Nimar

NiMAR S.r.l. - Custodie e scafandri subacquei per fotocamere e videocamere - Fotocamere e telecamere subacquee - NiMAR

This kind of companies mostly manufacture high quality cases for expensive cameras. I don’t why people would like a case that costs like Go Pro 6. Anyway they say Super Suit is the best among ‘normally’ priced cases but it is not 100% safe and perhaps there are specific reasons to use Go Pro in some dives and thus bringing expensive cases that are built better than the official Go Pro accessory

The expensive cases are for people who have had issues with the Super Suite fooding, as well as for professionals that use the GoPro as a backup. Not everyone's cup of tea, but certainly there will be some people who would want one.

Gopro does have an insurance program now. For $4.99/mo ($59.88/yr) they will replace the camera if you break it. The website says "no questions asked." They limit you to two replacements per year.

https://shop.gopro.com/subscription/plus/GoProPlusMonthly.html

Last edited:
Be careful. I bought the flip 5 on my hero 6 and first day diving the flipping mechanism was too tight. I broke filter trying to flip into place. Second flipping mechanism eventually freezes into place. Occasionally I am able to maneuver filter down. Had three other divers try it but it was too stiff.

Strange. My friend has flip 3 with no problems☹️ Big$$ down the drain

My first GoPro. $4.99/ month membership on GoPro site got me 20% discount on too many accessories. I had the following:
1. Supersuit by gopro worked great to 110 ft multiple times. I press firmly on all sides and THEN lock into place. Figure less stress on locking mechanism.
2. Gopole triad mount is awesome. Steady.
3. Gopole stick I suck at and am unsteady. Unwieldy to lengthen and shorten.
4. Backscatter flip filter was a bust. I have since bought GoPro filter at 20% off

Be careful. I bought the flip 5 on my hero 6 and first day diving the flipping mechanism was too tight. I broke filter trying to flip into place. Second flipping mechanism eventually freezes into place. Occasionally I am able to maneuver filter down. Had three other divers try it but it was too stiff.

Strange. My friend has flip 3 with no problems☹️ Big$$ down the drain
I had zero problem with mine. Did you send it back in?

They said since I put in water it can’t be returned. They may fix he said. Can’t wait for them to try moving that flipper. Tsk. Too bad really. In the meantime am buying GoPro filter.
Thx for reply

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom