Go Pro Hero 6 Black accessories for diving and snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
this May I will be in Malapascua to see the thresher sharks and then doing some diving and snorkeling there and in Panglao and Balicasag
By now I have:
a) Go Pro Hero 6 Black
b) Go Pro stick
The sharks dive is at about 30 meters, with quite clear water (hopefully)
My mission is to come back with decent videos...
I ask you some advice:
1) Case: I want to buy the official Go Pro diving case. Is it better than the others? Are the several clones as good as the original?
2) Stick/mount: I have the original Go Pro stick, honestly I am not so happy about it. What suggestions do you have for a stick / mount?
3) do you think it would be useful to have a backscatter red filter (or other red filter) for snorkeling?
4) any other suggestions for useful accessories (like bags to store the camera, etc.) or software etc. etc.?
Thank you

Last edited:
Thank you
I noticed there are 2 different cases
Super Suit - 60 meters requires removal of the GoPro screen
Easy way - 40 meters - protection of the camera inside in case of water leak - doesn’t require screen removal

My suggestions are the following:

1) Buy original GoPro super suit. Me and my friend were diving in 30-40 m. depth (we also did our PADI Deep dive specialties) and we both had Super suits. No leakages were noted. If you buy not original suit it might leak. The problem is only for removing lens cap when GoPro camera is new. I was afraid to break my camera when I was trying to take it off.

2) Underwater I was using original GoPro Stick and my friend used special mount on arm. Arm mount is more convenient. You can check Amazon - there are many available options. He was using mount that you can put on your wrist - in this case you do not need to be hold your camera.

3) Software - I was filming under water in 4K and 60 FPS. However, this resolution is too tough for standard GoPro software. I would suggest using Adobe Premiere Pro for making films, however, it is not cheap and there is a learning curve involved (you need to spend fee days watching tutorials in order to get idea how to use it).

Just to clarify, I checked and Gocamera Easy way is not an original Go Pro accessory
The original Go Pro is only Go Pro Super Suit - 60 meters

The strange thing about Go Pro Super Suit case is that it should be compatible with Go Pro Hero 6 Black, but I don't find anything clear about it. Mostly they say only it's for Hero 5

Here's the best GoPro accessory I've found. It's a hand mount that works beautifully. When you're shooting you can hold the camera nice and steady on your hand. When you need to do something else, you instantly have your hand free.

You can order them from Extended Range Dive Services, I think around $40.

It seems this kind of hand/wrist mount is very popular. Honestly I didn't see any in my group using it, but perhaps it is a good idea. I don't like the feeling of having a mount in my hands while diving
Well I will give it a try

Back
Top Bottom