Go Pro Hero 11 ? Any early Reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might be the only one clueless on this but what's up with the subscription?

I might be the only one clueless on this but what's up with the subscription?

Lowers the initial cost to purchase. With the idea that it presents a reliable recurring revenue stream. Wall Street and investors like recurring revenue over yearly releases as they are more predictable.

Lowers the initial cost to purchase. With the idea that it presents a reliable recurring revenue stream. Wall Street and investors like recurring revenue over yearly releases as they are more predictable.
I guess my question is what do you get for the subscription? In other words, what if you buy the camera and don't pay? Is there some cloud service or something? Can you not just upload the media to your computer?

I guess my question is what do you get for the subscription? In other words, what if you buy the camera and don't pay? Is there some cloud service or something? Can you not just upload the media to your computer?

Yes a cloud service. Automatic unlimited uploads of your videos from the GoPro to the cloud via you phone. Yes you can do it yourself but people like the automatic part of it. Though I never used it.

The discount on cameras and accessories is the only part I use. But the camera replacement is a nice feature. You can get the full details at the link.

I am less than impressed with my Hero11. My 9 takes better photos. Even went in the settings and changed the iso ranges .. white objects snow out the back ground and contrast not great below 20 foot. Even increased the temperature on the white balance with little effect

I have some red filters on order but really regretting the money I spent so far
4FC36711-8456-43D4-B5BE-4FF933066E4C.jpeg
BDC952AC-8EC4-485D-91B1-18411329E9C6.jpeg
2E574BBB-3097-4A0E-BE8C-DA02E26B5726.jpeg

I am less than impressed with my Hero11. My 9 takes better photos. Even went in the settings and changed the iso ranges .. white objects snow out the back ground and contrast not great below 20 foot. Even increased the temperature on the white balance with little effect

I have some red filters on order but really regretting the money I spent so far
View attachment 757111View attachment 757112View attachment 757113
It's hard to comment without knowing the settings you're using.

I am no means very knowledgeable about this stuff but here is the video I shot with my 11.

I like it. My last video was with a 11.
Awesome video, it was on my list, now it has moved up to the top.

I think to be fair, someone online will need to post a video after testing all kinds of white balance and other settings and making recommendations for all those advanced tweaks.

Back
Top Bottom