Go Pro Hero 11 ? Any early Reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remove the micro SD card and put it into a micro-adapter and then your computer...

I don't bother with any of that with my 10 though. Go pro subscription auto uploads everything uncompressed to their cloud when I plug it in. No need to remove the battery for charging or the SD card. It backs everything new up to the cloud and then you have access via their ap on your phone or their website. I normally plug mine in while I'm rinsing gear once I get home. By the time I'm done most of my dive is viewable and I can then pull stills out and edit if desired.
how are the still from the gopro 10? i would imagine those from the 11 would be the same or better, no?

I have quicker and better access when I download the files directly to my hard drive. It uses a ton of space, Maybe I will have to renew the subscription to the online storage for $50 per year.

I ended up getting Movavi to do my editing.

Doesn't Movavi have a yearly subscription too? Why Movavi with yearly subscription and not DaVinci Resolve that is full featured and free?

Doesn't Movavi have a yearly subscription too? Why Movavi with yearly subscription and not DaVinci Resolve that is full featured and free?
There are options for a yearly subscription or another $10 or something like that got you a full purchase.
I don't have any microsoft office on my new laptop because it is only a subscription now. For the few times a year I need it, I just use the work laptop. Or I dig out my old almost dead laptop and use it. A subscription for something that gets used every few months is stupid.

how are the still from the gopro 10? i would imagine those from the 11 would be the same or better, no?
I don't have a macro lens, only the branded dive housing. I think it does a decent job for my uses which isn't going for any photog awards.

Attachments

• GX010113_1663380231463.jpg
    GX010113_1663380231463.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 95
  • GX010106_1663332839465.jpg
    GX010106_1663332839465.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 96
  • GX010113_1663353133504.JPG
    GX010113_1663353133504.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 100
  • GX010102_1663015404762.jpg
    GX010102_1663015404762.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 95
  • 1_57r3bw3GPvgr5_0_1662128480140.JPG
    1_57r3bw3GPvgr5_0_1662128480140.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 96
I don't have any microsoft office on my new laptop because it is only a subscription now.

There is a standalone nonsubscription veraion. Just bought it a couple months age when I had to get a new laptop and my last version was too old. Apparently you can't install software you bought a decade ago.

The newer Enduro batteries are awesome and definitely last longer. I bought them when they came out and on my GoPro 9, it was a noticeable difference. They do fit a bit snug in some GoPro battery chargers though.

The physical size of the 11 is the same as the 9 and 10, so accessories will work on all three versions.

In my personal experience, the GoPro online storage is great in theory but absolutely horrendous when it comes to successfully getting your videos uploaded to it - especially if you take longer videos. The GoPro will automatically break up long videos into about 5 min 20 sec or 3.73 GB chunks, but getting those chunks up to GoPro's cloud storage has been a nightmare for me. So much so that I quit trying to use it and didn't renew the subscription. I just take the battery out and plug a USB cable to the GoPro. The Quik app then automatically downloads my content to my PC.

If you do buy a GoPro and get the subscription, it is useful for the discount you get on accessories from GoPro as a 'subscriber'. Utilize that, get what you want/need, then let it lapse unless you like the Quik app for some reason.

From the 7 black. What editing software do you use? I never really got into using the 7 very much so I know nothing about editing.
I'm not using any for now. With the GP4 I used Dive+ and it did a decent job.

With the 10 I use the settings that Backscatter recommends for the 9. I still haven't made up my mind if I should continue using the filter or just let the camera's auto white balance do its work without using the filter.

With the 10 I use the settings that Backscatter recommends for the 9. I still haven't made up my mind if I should continue using the filter or just let the camera's auto white balance do its work without using the filter.

My opinion it is mixed, filters allow you to capture videos closer to your desired colors, which means less editing which means higher quality. But it can be frustrating dealing with GoPro's auto white balance. Which means you might have to do a series of small edits to get the footage to look seamless.

Anyways we recently had a thread where I argued my position complete with example videos here:

I was just looking up the specs. Really don't see enough gain over the 10. Nearly the same specs. Little update on the hypersmooth (which I know kicks ass above water, have not tried in water). And some new night shot modes. Looks to just be tiny updates over the 10.

There is a replacement for the old Hero Session, the Hero 11 mini comes out in just over a month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom