GLWC Summer '05 Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There I was...I could see her in the distance. I was at 185 ffw doing my first dive on the Anna B Nikova. I knew I was pretty Narc'd out when I saw the OW student giving the signal to "call me."

Sorry couldn't resist....

Thanks everyone for the great time! Looking forward to the next one :D Going through my list of things I should have brought. Next time, need less food - more diving in between KP duty.

Compression Nut:
There I was...I could see her in the distance. I was at 185 ffw doing my first dive on the Anna B Nikova. I knew I was pretty Narc'd out when I saw the OW student giving the signal to "call me."

Sorry couldn't resist....

Thanks everyone for the great time! Looking forward to the next one :D Going through my list of things I should have brought. Next time, need less food - more diving in between KP duty.

I've been getting a ton of PMs for the exact location of the Anna B Nikova - Just to clear things up, it's in Alpena's Thunder Bay 1000' off the starboard side of the Arabia. j/k

What a great time! Three dives was plenty for me, it was nice to get out of the dry suit and into the 1/4" wetsuit again and even nicer to go without gloves (I won't give up my hood though) even though the second dive took us to 48 degree water for a while. Never thought 61 degree water could feel so warm on my hands but after the 48 degrees I was happy to get back up through that thermocline. The 73 degrees above 32 feet was awesome! I'll have to see if I can get some of my shore pictures to upload when I get home. Wish I could have gotten pics of everyone but you were too hard to catch on Sunday morning :)

The SIR team did an awesome job, those have to be the best smore's on the planet!
Ber :lilbunny:

Compression Nut:
I've been getting a ton of PMs for the exact location of the Anna B Nikova - Just to clear things up, it's in Alpena's Thunder Bay 1000' off the starboard side of the Arabia. j/k

Wasn't this the new shipwreck recently uncovered by Diving Ivestigation for the Verification and Exploration of Remains on the Bottom of Rivers and Inland Aquafers Nationwide....?

Hmm - I thought I saw a press release posted on another forum. I'll see if I can dig it up... If I recall, the cargo hold was full of cotton, timber, and carbon fiber tennis rackets.

From Chris Kohl's "101 Best Great Lakes Shipwrecks"

"Captain Morgan set out from Chicago en route to Detroit (Rock City) on a calm summer day when a butterfly flapped its wings up on the St. Lawrence waterway. The resulting rogue wave passed through customs in Sarnia after a brief albiet violent restroom break and swept across Lake Huron where the unsuspecting 'Nikova' was making way in calm seas. The wave rocked the mighty freighter where the bow struck a patch of Russian Zebra Mussels slicing through the steel hull like a pair of 3mm neoprene gloves. Over the next 30 hours the once crown jewel of the Great Lakes was left lying on the lakes bottom. Remarkably enough all hands were rescued save Captain Morgans trophy winning Chiwawa."

I know... I know... I'm going to hell......

Great time all, I will be around. So to say it would not be my last dive at Gilboa. Great morning dive as well with polly, sorry for not waking you guys up. Thought you all needed your beauty sleep in all, I know I did.

Squalus:
Great time all, I will be around. So to say it would not be my last dive at Gilboa. Great morning dive as well with polly, sorry for not waking you guys up. Thought you all needed your beauty sleep in all, I know I did.

Good dive with you too. Next time we need to make sure we both have grown up tanks so we can make it to the trailer.....hehehe. Just kidding. Can't wait to dive Kansas!!!!

I had a good time as well. Even though diving dry this time wasnt even a concept. drysuit going off this week for a new neck seal.

Keith had a great time also and wanted to thank everyone for every thing especially Rob for taking him under his wing or in this case BC and setting him up for his first night dive. thanks Rob

When is the next one.

Compression Nut:

LOL - They must have all misinterpreted the accent!

joedelt:
well i'll be down friday night. not sure what time i'll be getting out of here yet. jenny wont be with me this time, so we'll have to designate someone else as resident duct taper.

is there a food list? i poked around but didnt immedialty see it. do we have enough grills?

Yes, we need(ed) more grills. When will you be there? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom