GLWC Summer '05 Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pennypue:
I hope to be there that weekend. I'm trying to get both of my kids to come with me too. :07: Teenagers.....I wonder what the odds are?

Mitten's 15 year old son JP / James / Frog (scubaboard id) went to Brockville with us. If he didn't have a hockey game he was talking about coming to Gilboa.

So what's the status John?

scubapolly:
I am planning on going up on Friday after work, hope to make it there by around 7pm, set up the tent and get in a dive (or 2). Will be there through Sunday.

Anyone planning on getting there earlier? Prefernce on where to set up (aka Take over).

My shop is going to be up there for the weekend too.

Polly

I'm planning on getting down there Friday afternoon and staying thru Sunday. My arrival time depends on whether canuckdiver gets the day off and I meet him to carpool the last couple hours of his trip.

Talked to Brett (compression nut) today and he plans to be there Friday. He's not sure if he can get the day off yet.

Also, some of my local club members will be joining us. At least one plans to be there on Friday.

As for where to set up.... The furthest back end of the camping area worked well in the past. If we can't get that I'd try for a bunch of spots near one of the staircases.

Paula

p.s. I told my club members that if any of them get there early on Saturday I expected to be woken up with a large cup of hot coffee!!!!!

If the weather is nice hubby and I might go up Friday evening and get set up too. If it's not going to be nice he wants a hotel though :biggrin:
Ber :lilbunny:

It looks now like I can't make it. The shop has a big class that weekend and I'm needed to assist. I'll probably do my last 3 dives for Master Diver that weekend too since I'll have the instructors there.
The last M&G was a blast. Have fun and I'll try for the next one.

Joe

Sideband:
It looks now like I can't make it. The shop has a big class that weekend and I'm needed to assist. I'll probably do my last 3 dives for Master Diver that weekend too since I'll have the instructors there.
The last M&G was a blast. Have fun and I'll try for the next one.

Joe
wus! :)

Have fun in your class.

The weekend just got a little muddy for me. I was supposed to be in NC next week, but now looks like it'll be the week following. Not sure when I'm coming home now.

diver_paula:
Mitten's 15 year old son JP / James / Frog (scubaboard id) went to Brockville with us. If he didn't have a hockey game he was talking about coming to Gilboa.

So what's the status John?

Who was your boat operator? We had Mel from BottomTime Charters. Booked him through Abucs and worked out quite well. Hellen from Abucs was great.

We also went to a huge.. I mean HUGE dive shop called <thinking> Tech Dive Center?
What a huge place. If they don't have it, you don't need it. :)

What else did you do in Brockville? Any shore dives?

Randy43068:
Who was your boat operator? We had Mel from BottomTime Charters. Booked him through Abucs and worked out quite well. Hellen from Abucs was great.

We also went to a huge.. I mean HUGE dive shop called <thinking> Tech Dive Center?
What a huge place. If they don't have it, you don't need it. :)

What else did you do in Brockville? Any shore dives?

We used Bottom Time Charters as well. Mel is a great guy, isn't he?

The name of the shop is Dive Tech Training Center (AKA The Candy Store)!

We didn't do any shore dives. We just checked out the local scenery, cuisine, and ale when we weren't diving.

I don't know. I may try to get Friday off myself. I am not so sure that I will be going to NC the next week and that would free up some vacation that could be used for that Friday.

Guess who has a birthday coming up?? ... PAULA, do you have any comment??

a great area. Yes, Mell was great! I've read some bad press about Abucs but we had a good time with them. Everything worked out well and Hellen was really good to us.

I was, however, drooling at the "candy store" in Marlytown. That's probably the best dive shop in North America! They have everything! I said before, if they don't have it, you don't need it.

I can't wait to go back. That's a trip worth doing twice a year.

diverbrian:
We used Bottom Time Charters as well. Mel is a great guy, isn't he?

The name of the shop is Dive Tech Training Center (AKA The Candy Store)!

We didn't do any shore dives. We just checked out the local scenery, cuisine, and ale when we weren't diving.

I don't know. I may try to get Friday off myself. I am not so sure that I will be going to NC the next week and that would free up some vacation that could be used for that Friday.

Back
Top Bottom