Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquariumguy

Registered
Reaction score
if i just want gloves for abrasion protection can i get batting gloves or golf gloves or something similar? ive loked at the diving gloves and most seem way too restrictive especially since i want to do some photography

Leather gloves generally don't last long in water.

There are various "reef gloves" that are abrasion resistant and made for diving. I assume you're not diving in cold(er) water where thermal protection is needed.

What exactly are you doing that abrades your fingers? Generally it's better to work on buoyancy control so that you don't touch anything, unless you're lobster hunting or something.

I think you might like these. They are super thin, easy to get on and off and fairly inexpensive ($24.99)

SeaSoft Scuba Products

im not diving in cold water, actually going to the bahamas in a couple of weeks, i know that buoyancy is important and im not too bad at it, i was just wondering for like ledges and stuff just in case, all of the diving ive done so far has been without gloves, even in colder water, and they just look cool...yeah...ok never mind on that...

I use the oceanic reef pro gloves, im still on the same pair after two years of close to 100 dives they look like they are barely used. I dive the niagara river a lot and these provide excellent protection against zebra mussels and all of the other things in the river that can cut up the hands.

All the LDS will hate me for this, but the best mild to warm water gloves you can buy are Mechanics gloves! They allow for feel you have to be able to screw in bolts and feel with them! I dive with them and they last for a long time! The real deal has to deal with oil and water and protect your hands! They are great for Photo work, I keep thinking that the dive industry will wake up and contact the manufacture and get them made for divers!

I also use mechanics gloves. My work has them. I even cut off the finger tips for bicycle riding. I tried to find a picture on the internet, but was unable.

These are lightweight and easy to handle, grip, and pick-up items. They look to be less than $8 is my guess. The Brand is MAGID and the label says Palm Synthetic leather. 90% polyester 10% Spandex

Attachments

• MAGIDGloves.jpg
    MAGIDGloves.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 73
I'll add another option. I use Warmers Paddling gloves that I get from REI. Specs (2mm neoprene backs, synthetic leather palms, stretch elastic wristbands with velcro closures) are good for diving and I get great tactility, abrasion resistance and they are only $20.

All the LDS will hate me for this, but the best mild to warm water gloves you can buy are Mechanics gloves! They allow for feel you have to be able to screw in bolts and feel with them! I dive with them and they last for a long time! The real deal has to deal with oil and water and protect your hands! They are great for Photo work, I keep thinking that the dive industry will wake up and contact the manufacture and get them made for divers!

Got a link? A store? The three bros carry them??

I would not use them(they will be like 4 sizes too small & feel like hard plastic when you go to put them on for dive #2)----get you some ~1 mm diving gloves for under $20, they are all over the diving store internet sites...here's an example.....$15 plus(-10% SB discount) shippinghttp://scubatoys.com/store/Scuba_Boots_Hoods_Gloves.asp?PAGE=2

Back
Top Bottom