Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would not use them(they will be like 4 sizes too small & feel like hard plastic when you go to put them on for dive #2)----get you some ~1 mm diving gloves for under $20, they are all over the diving store internet sites...here's an example.....$15 plus(-10% SB discount) shippinghttp://scubatoys.com/store/Scuba_Boots_Hoods_Gloves.asp?PAGE=2

That is just not true! What Mechanic's gloves have you seen? These never get brittle they are made of Kevlar! Mine last for years! So unless you have used them how can you comment? Strange! I got mine at Costco, but Uline has them by mail:Mechanix® Gloves - Uline I use the M-pact gloves!

"Amara" is a synthetic leather glove material; good abrasion resistance & economical.
About $10 - $12 from many sources.
GV-707
GV707-M.gif

Genuine leather works well enough but you have to oil the daylights out of it [before use] to keep it from getting crispy after getting wet. (I use hot beeswax & mineral oil)

"Kevlar" gloves have varying amounts of actual Kevlar in them, often as low as single-digit percentages.

GV-709
glove705m.jpg

That is my point SCUBA gloves are expensive and built cheap! Mechanics gloves are high percentage of Kevlar they have to protect against heat and metal! All I am saying is they exist and some smart LDS or company will put a SCUBA logo on them ans sell them as SCUBA gear! I might do it myself!????

This is what I found for commercial diving work
4707.jpg

They use to be about $6 for a pack of 6 or 12.

Also gardening gloves work real well
4717.jpg

I have tried all of the above and they all work okay, but for Photography and picking up small stuff it is hard to beat my Mechanic! I just saw some today at Home Depot but all they had for 12.00 was medium!:shakehead:

That is just not true! What Mechanic's gloves have you seen? These never get brittle they are made of Kevlar! Mine last for years! So unless you have used them how can you comment? Strange! I got mine at Costco, but Uline has them by mail:Mechanix® Gloves - Uline I use the M-pact gloves!

I was talking only to the OP and referring to his original post only(ie using batting gloves &/or golf gloves):

"Gloves?
if i just want gloves for abrasion protection can i get batting gloves or golf gloves or something similar? ive loked at the diving gloves and most seem way too restrictive especially since i want to do some photography."

Don't know where you are coming from talking about mechanic gloves????.....Reread his original post & tell me where you see anything about mechanic gloves....As you would say, "That is just not true!".........

I have tried all of the above and they all work okay, but for Photography and picking up small stuff it is hard to beat my Mechanic! I just saw some today at Home Depot but all they had for 12.00 was medium!:shakehead:
There are many styles with padding etc so for the ladies out there, these are the best glove for tactile protection. Ok…that I’ve seen in a long time that fit my hands and fingers – never take them off to do anything. I too buy all they have when I see them at Lowe’s or Home Depot. I do go thru them with construction and gardening but they do what a glove is supposed to without the sticky rubber or latex.

I was talking only to the OP and referring to his original post only(ie using batting gloves &/or golf gloves):

"Gloves?
if i just want gloves for abrasion protection can i get batting gloves or golf gloves or something similar? ive loked at the diving gloves and most seem way too restrictive especially since i want to do some photography."

Don't know where you are coming from talking about mechanic gloves????.....Reread his original post & tell me where you see anything about mechanic gloves....As you would say, "That is just not true!".........
It’s a brand name, Mechanix Wear, the ladies are Series 1.7. Ya gotta be specific. I just picked up some I thought were the same and nope. Not only was the stitching poor having two different sizes of thumb with one much too large and the too long, but overall weren’t the same formfitting yet completely mobile fit and a bunch of useless (for my purpose) palm padding.

if i just want gloves for abrasion protection can i get batting gloves or golf gloves or something similar? ive loked at the diving gloves and most seem way too restrictive especially since i want to do some photography
I rarely plug brands, especially in accessories, but Akona Kevlar Gloves ... I love 'em. And I take my compass apart and screw it back together on the back of the left wrist, works great.
AkonaKevlarGlovesBig.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom