Gloves for Galapagos trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ID diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We are counting down to our Galapagos trip. My wife is a little jittery about the currents but based on everything I have read and heard I am hoping that she will have a good time once she gets there. I am definitely looking forward to this trip.

We are trying to make sure we have everything we need for the trip. I have read and been told that gloves are strongly suggested. At the same time the gloves may get beat up quite a bit so I don't want to spend a fortune on them. I was at Home Depot today looking at work gloves instead of neoprene gloves. For those of you who have been to the Galapagos do you have any suggestions?

One of the pair of gloves I was looking at is a knit glove with a blue rubber palm and fingers. These gloves are realitively inexpensive. I figured I could buy four pairs (two for me, two for my wife) for under $20. With two pairs each I figured we should be covered for the week even if we tear up a glove or two.

Looking for thoughts and recommendations. Any help would be appreciated.

The outfitter I was with last week gave everyone a pair of (heavily used) knit garden gloves. What you're talking about sounds like it should work fine.

Be sure you feel comfortable wearing and gripping with them.

I can't comment on specific gloves for the Galapagos but
I use a pair of everday garden gloves in the springs
here and they are good for a summer.

Please post a trip report when you get back from
the Galapagos so we all can enjoy vicariously through
you and your wife's trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom