Global Warming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The LA Times ...now there is bastion of unbiased news reporting ...now excuse me while I pick myself up from the floor ...ROFLOL...

Earth to Thal the only ones left out here on the west coast who turn to the LA Times and San Francisco Chronic-word up-al for news are awaiting the harmonic convergence, think that Crosby, Nash and Stills are going to convince Neil to come back into the fold and of course believe Michael Moore is a primary source ...

So you’re reduced to “appeals to authority” using posts on anti-global warming bulletin boards that use as references the British judge that we dispensed with a while back. That’s getting a bit circular.

So were do we stand on the “appeal to authority” front? Supporting a concern over global warming we have the usual assortment of left wing kooks, joined by the The National Academy of Sciences, a society of distinguished scholars engaged in scientific and engineering research, dedicated to the furtherance of science and technology and to their use for the general welfare that was signed into being by President Abraham Lincoln on March 3, 1863, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the nation's leading general science organization, hell … even the right leaning Cato Institute. And expressing a lack of concern over global warming we have, the usual assortment of right wing kooks and … ?

Rest assured that I will debunk each an every one of the foolish charades that are put up here pretending to represent creditable scientific sources, at least until the point (which I honest think we have reached already) where it is clear to any reasonable observer that the “appeal to authority” is in support of those concerned over the effects of global warming.

Might I respectfully suggest that you admit defeat on that front and attempt to find some other way to support your views?

Look I said in once and I'l say it a million times he is a hustler just like his dad ..the fruit never falls far from the tree. His dad helped jam oil and coal down our grandparents and parents throat. Made untold fortunes and now he is going to auction off the CO2 residuals while brokering the deals. Meanwhile he collects loot off the front end of the deal i.e. Occi. Petrol. and makes loot hyping the evils of Occi. Petrol., he makes loot on the remedy for Occi. Petro. and finally he makes loot off the saps rushing to buy the offsets caused by his company in the first place ...for that hustle alone he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize ....whoooppss he got one didn't he .ha ha ha !!!

This discussion is not about Al Gore, of Al Gore's Dad, or Grand Dad. Any of our personal opinion about him have nothing to do with the reality of lack of reality of the problem. He's not my favorite person on earth either ... so what?

Thal, the only thing you have put up is your own charade, and if you don't agree with your charade, you are wrong. So if that is the case, I concede, you win. I will slip away into the drastically warming temperatures of the world outside my door, adios

Thal, the only thing you have put up is your own charade, and if you don't agree with your charade, you are wrong. So if that is the case, I concede, you win. I will slip away into the drastically warming temperatures of the world outside my door, adios
Hast la vista, come back to the discussion sometime when you got some support for your position. I enjoy a good tussle, but this was frankly boring, more like shooting fish in a barrel.

try dynamite, you don't need a barrel

Thal ..my only opposition to your posts was the use of the LA Times as a source. Just wanted to point that out. As for Gore my post is a general statement that each and everyone of us must be aware of his history and his new crusade as a high priest of anthropogenic global warming. He in my opinion is not a very credible man when it comes to anything involving the use of carbon...

Finally Thal there are credible scientist out there who have serious questions concerning man made global warming. These voices are being marginalized, silenced and of course ridiculed. Very few people on this earth with any credibility deny global warming ...it is the cause of the last 30 yrs of warming which is in question.

Back
Top Bottom