Give me a list of ten cheap places to eat on Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back last night. The diving was amazing and the food was just as good. Dont worry about a car if you're on seven mile beach. Most everything is a long walk away and if walking isn't your style they have busses running up and down from Georgetown to north of 7MB. The bus is only $2.50 per person US and they come by every 15 minutes or so.

About the food, outstanding! You can spend as much as you like. They have Burger King, Subway, Quizno's and those were fairly normal prices plus the currency exchange. They have some others that were great food at a great price like Eats, Sunshine Grill which is hidden behind the pool at Sunshine Suites, Coconut Joes, Margaritaville, and many others. Ill post more soon.

Rankin's Jerk Center in Bodden Town has great prices and delicious food. I can specially vouch for their jerk chicken, which comes with rice and beans. Mmm, delicious! Small for $5 and a large for $7.

Breezes has a nightly $9.99 dinner special as one of the previous posters mentioned. You get your choice of a main (jerk chicken, oxtail, etc), side (rice, beans, etc), and a veggie (salad, mixed, etc).

(First SB post...! :D)

Oh, $9.99 oxtail!! I'm booking a trip immediatley.:D

Ate at Guy Harvey's twice on my trip this week - did the nightly specials at $9.99 CI, (about $12.50 US). Had Seafood pasta with Lobster Sauce on Wednesday - penne pasta with a cream sauce, shrimp, scallops and chunks of fish. Best meal we had all week. Last night we had the NY strip steak with fries - also very good. Service was also top notch both nights. Bill includes 15% gratuity, but we added a bit more.

One tip - the outside balcony looks inviting, but sit inside if the sun hasn't set. It gets very hot out there. Better yet, the bar has a 5-7 happy hour with half price drinks.

The shop and gallery are across the street and worth a look too.

======

My Bar at Sunset House is also a good place for drinks and appetizers. Enjoyed the Conch Chowder there a couple of times. I prefer the red (tomato based); my son likes the white. The one night we had dinner (brought over from the SeaHarvest next door) was a bit of a disappointment. I had the Snapper Tropical style.

======

The old Gaol cafe in G-Town was also a good place for lunch. We had rotis (pork for me, jerk chicken for my son) and they were delicious. They also had a buffet on the menu for $13.75 CI with 4-5 large pans of food, but I didn't check out the food. This place sits about a half block off Church St. in the middle of G-Town.

======

While this reply may be late for the trip you were seeking informaiton for, I hope you or someone else will find this useful.
I recently spent a week diving in Grand Cayman and was on a similar quest. As a result, I started a travel blog (Fun Travel and Food) with the very first post titled "Affordable Eats in Grand Cayman".
It is possible to find affordable meals in Grand Cayman.

Please note that the word "affordable" is a relative term. My wife and I shared several meals.

Vivines Kitchen on the East End,close to Ocean Frontiers.

Lunch at Cobalt Coast is pretty reasonable. Nice view,good shore diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom