Gilboa Solo Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not allowed according to their form that you have to sign.

:wink:

When I was doing the Gilboa Video project, I wanted to dive solo in order to get footage of the Koi fish and also the paddlefish. When I asked Mike if this was a possibility, the answer was "no" even though I had redundant gas, was staying shallow--35 ft. max. etc. Since the last accident there, who was an illegal solo diver, I would say it would be a resounding "NO"

I'm headin' down there this morning ('bout 9-10 hrs. from now) for my Deep Cert. Dives...

Here's to hoping he'll let me DO them!

he's denied me the last couple times I've been there (when I've Asked, that First time was a misunderstanding)...

but THIS time I think I have all my bases covered...

I'm not a total unknown, we've had some discussions...

I've got 133 dives...

I've got a cold-water rated reg...

I've got a 40 cf. pony...

I've got exp. to 120' in Lake Huron, (also been in Lake Erie)...

I'm 3/4 of the way through my SSI "Master Diver" training...

I'm going in a group of 3-4, with at least one of the people he knows very well... ("Bob")

So... if he don' let me go THIS time... I dunno... what Else can I do to appease the guy???

Wish me Luck!!!

I'm headin' down there this morning ('bout 9-10 hrs. from now) for my Deep Cert. Dives...

Here's to hoping he'll let me DO them!

he's denied me the last couple times I've been there (when I've Asked, that First time was a misunderstanding)...

but THIS time I think I have all my bases covered...

I'm not a total unknown, we've had some discussions...

I've got 133 dives...

I've got a cold-water rated reg...

I've got a 40 cf. pony...

I've got exp. to 120' in Lake Huron, (also been in Lake Erie)...

I'm 3/4 of the way through my SSI "Master Diver" training...

I'm going in a group of 3-4, with at least one of the people he knows very well... ("Bob")

So... if he don' let me go THIS time... I dunno... what Else can I do to appease the guy???

Wish me Luck!!!

I was supposed to sign your log book for you on the Lake Huron dives I never seen you since. did anyone besides keith sign your book. or is it just your word that you made those dives.

If your going with an instructor to do your cert dives I think He (Mike) would almost have to let you go..

I'm am happy and have hit the rec limit of 130', it was touch an go for a bit there... apparently the sticking issue wasnt ME this time actually as it was my Instructor, as he'd never dove Gilboa before (deepside or otherwise), so what he allowed us to do was do 80' on the first dive and then if everyone felt Ok with that we were ok'd to go over the wall for dive #2 ....

Cold. 40 degrees past 100'.

That completes my 4th specialty, I've met all the requirements for AOW , but I'm gonna take Stress Rescue and jus' get the Master card...

Back
Top Bottom