Gilboa Quarry in January...Invitation!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that you brought up me calling you was a surprise.so what if i was looking for good used equipment cant fault me for asking....but maybe now that your a moderator entitlles you to huh..like the other boys said its what? 125plus to rent a boat to dive for the day so 50 for the winter is pretty good given the good visibility and all..and hey dive brian im bringing tim hortons coffee..lol

well in that case bring me some ..and we will share..

I will not be diving Gilboa until May 1. A group of us planned to dive Gilboa next weekend, several of us have already changed our minds. He's now lost $60 so far from our group. What if I hadn't ventured across this post and found out about the new criteria?? I would have driven 3 hours for nothing.

We also won't be able to take drysuit students up until May 1 either. Quite disconcerting to be required to pay a $50 fee without guarantee of admittance.

Blue Springs....$10, just call ahead for the combination to the lock if Dennis won't be there.

What is this crap? $50 is not peanuts. Especially if I have to drive five hours to get there. Mike (of Gilboa) made a business decision. I don't understand why we have to rag on each other. Personally, I think his decision sucks, so he won't be getting any of my money either. There are other quarries to dive in.

>And just where are you going to get a boat dive in January?

Try Wisconsin. Charters run every other weekend.

snuggle:
that you brought up me calling you was a surprise.so what if i was looking for good used equipment cant fault me for asking....but maybe now that your a moderator entitlles you to huh..like the other boys said its what? 125plus to rent a boat to dive for the day so 50 for the winter is pretty good given the good visibility and all..and hey dive brian im bringing tim hortons coffee..lol

This makes no sense at all to me. Is your neck seal too tight again?

What does being a mod have to do with anything. If you twist what I say I'll call you on it. If you all want I'll quit the mod job and then call you on it.

Diver Lori:
I will not be diving Gilboa until May 1. A group of us planned to dive Gilboa next weekend, several of us have already changed our minds. He's now lost $60 so far from our group. What if I hadn't ventured across this post and found out about the new criteria?? I would have driven 3 hours for nothing.

We also won't be able to take drysuit students up until May 1 either. Quite disconcerting to be required to pay a $50 fee without guarantee of admittance.

Blue Springs....$10, just call ahead for the combination to the lock if Dennis won't be there.

If Bob hadn't posted I would have been in the same boat. I would have been stuck at the counter looking like an idiot without $150 in my pocket.

I understand the problems Mike may be facing. It's just that this isn't going to work for some of us. I'm not going to be there every other week end throught the winter. I would have gone once or twice. I can't get a student to pay $50 for a day's diving so that kills what little teaching I might have done there through the winter. It doesn't leave me any room at all so I just can't go.

It's disappointing but I have other places to dive.

hantzu701:
What is this crap? $50 is not peanuts. Especially if I have to drive five hours to get there. Mike (of Gilboa) made a business decision. I don't understand why we have to rag on each other. Personally, I think his decision sucks, so he won't be getting any of my money either. There are other quarries to dive in.

>And just where are you going to get a boat dive in January?

Try Wisconsin. Charters run every other weekend.

No doubt things slow way down for him in the winter. There's a hand full of mostly regulars that dive year round. I like to teach there. I go there for get togethers and a couple times in the winter for fun. I don't do any fun diving in quarries when the crowds are there cuz it isn't fun for me.

If I was doing well money wise and traveling alone I might give him the $50 because I like him. Like a donation or a gift. But...

I guess snuggle doesn't like that. LOL

I hope things streighten up for him so I have the option of diving there again.

Diver Lori:

oh dear - we were really looking forward to raising the tree next weekend.

I guess one diver coming in at $50 will almost make up for the several of us who won't be there. This probably means a new location for the St. Paddy's Day Dive as well.

but hey - we spent New Years' Day on the Speigel Grove. Ripping current; HUGE grouper.

:)

MikeFerrara:
If you go back and read more carefully you'll see that my point was ...

Mike, some people will never get it.

Back
Top Bottom