Gilboa - new years day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, we had a few folks show up, about 7 or 8 in the group I was with. I did a good dive with Denny, there were several other groups in the water at the same time.

Conditions were pretty nice: 19 degrees, cloudy, 20mph breeze, but the water was a balmy 40 degrees. My canopy with walls and kerosene heater came in real handy for getting in and out of the wet suit. Everybody else dove dry.

Whatever happened to the guy with the trailer that he keeps at 80? What happened to Misstopsail (April told me just yesterday you'd be there)? Others that said they'd be there and weren't?

Ken

What happened to Misstopsail (April told me just yesterday you'd be there)?

Ken

Stomach flu, came on about three pm yesterday :( Rental gear never even left the car. Ohh the joys of being a nanny (the girls were sick on christmas, must have picked it up from them).

Well, we had a few folks show up, about 7 or 8 in the group I was with. I did a good dive with Denny, there were several other groups in the water at the same time.

Conditions were pretty nice: 19 degrees, cloudy, 20mph breeze, but the water was a balmy 40 degrees. My canopy with walls and kerosene heater came in real handy for getting in and out of the wet suit. Everybody else dove dry.

Whatever happened to the guy with the trailer that he keeps at 80? What happened to Misstopsail (April told me just yesterday you'd be there)? Others that said they'd be there and weren't?

Ken

Your still the man Ken. Wetsuit diving on new years day mo fo... wooo

Hey Ken - I went with another group today. We were surrounded by numerous stingrays, pacu, moray eels, a zebra shark and too many others to mention.
The surface interval was balmy and I had a total of 3 hours bottom time - of course my max depth was 9 feet. I applaud the willingness of my fellow GLWC divers to brave the elements but the Newport Aquarium is a great place to dive on New Year's Day (or any other day for that matter).

Wondered who these two degenerates were!

Tom Mullins's Photos | Facebook

Greetings skyking and I guess I am among these degenerates along with a few of my cohorts. The post dive de-brief was shared with Jodi and bean / vegetable soup very good!
Denny's videos are very awesome and the rest of the crew need to check them out!
I hope all had a happy safe New Year.
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Sorry I missed it. I had fully intended on being there up until that morning...somehow getting up at 6:30 and seeing that it was about 17 degrees outside and thinking about driving 2 1/2 hours and then seeing a warm bed made up my mind for me. Ok...I wussed out...guess I'll have to wait until next time.

John

Ken

My house heater died and I had to get it fixed.

Didnt you have a Whites drysuit Ken?..

Back
Top Bottom