Gilboa Greet & Meet April 16 - 18, 2004 (new)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For Findlay and Gilboa, it is looking like a NICE weekend...

Fri
Apr 16 Partly Cloudy 70°/60° 20 %
Sat
Apr 17 Partly Cloudy 75°/58° 20 %
Sun
Apr 18 Partly Cloudy / Wind 78°/54° 20 %

Seems my prayers are being answered. With temps like these, I won't need my knit hat and ski jacket in the evenings!!!!

It's all coming together rather nicely kids, look forward to seeing you all on the weekend.....

Yeah...the forecast down here and the pressure pattern appears to be a good sign for the weekend.

Is there anything I need to bring to the party...It looks like we'll have loads of food...Who's bringin non-alcoholic beverages?

Who's bringin the Grille?

Big-t-2538:
Yeah...the forecast down here and the pressure pattern appears to be a good sign for the weekend.

Is there anything I need to bring to the party...It looks like we'll have loads of food...Who's bringin non-alcoholic beverages?

Who's bringin the Grille?

I'm bringing a small gas grill, but it won't be nearly enough for 48 brats. I have a big grill that goes over the fire pit, and will bring that too. Check Teds list for non-alcoholic drinks. I'll have some along (of course) as we'll be there for several days. But some 2 liter bottles of mixed soda may be a good idea.

I don't suppose you're going to bring along any Mt. Dew????
:wink:

I'm bringing:

2 pecan pies
carob chip cookes (like chocolate, but no caffiene)
fire wood (as much as I can fit, which is not much)
couple cases of .5L bottles of drinking water
some Sprite
1 bottle Scotch
2# Turkey Jerky

I've been trying to think of a contribution I can make to the main course, but I am really a bad cook. I don't mind helping with the cleanup, though. If there is something else you need brought, please post it.

Tom

frankenmuth_tom:
I broke down Sunday and had to have one...it was a long day and I grabbed one at mom and dad's for the drive back home after Easter festivities....but other than that, I've been clean.

O.K...so put me down for some 2 liters of stuff, cups, & ice.

... is 31 people total. Some like Laser is supposed to be there Friday and perhaps Sunday. Some like Diver_Paula will be coming in late on Saturday to dive Sunday. Many of us will be there through most of the day on Saturday and for the Potluck on Saturday afternoon.

Sounds like a party to me....:wink:

frankenmuth_tom:
I'm bringing a small gas grill, but it won't be nearly enough for 48 brats. I have a big grill that goes over the fire pit, and will bring that too. Check Teds list for non-alcoholic drinks. I'll have some along (of course) as we'll be there for several days. But some 2 liter bottles of mixed soda may be a good idea.

We can bring our camp stove grill thing that we travel with.... I think we'll be there all day Saturday and maybe Friday night if I can talk mom into taking the kids... :)

Big-t-2538:
I will promise not to wear a badge. I'm usually rather easy to spot with a blue or black TERRY LABONTE hat...

I am thinking we won't need name tags either, we will be the ones with the Red license plate with a white diagonal strip on it. :)

mike

To the Michiganders who are arriving Friday: What time are you driving down? I'm planning on leaving from Warren sometime around 3PM. Maybe we can convoy? ...Like in that movie?

Garfish: I say there are no WMDE's... It's a conspiracy and a lie... :)

-Tiny-B.

Tiny Bubbles:
To the Michiganders who are arriving Friday: What time are you driving down? I'm planning on leaving from Warren sometime around 3PM. Maybe we can convoy? ...Like in that movie?

Garfish: I say there are no WMDE's... It's a conspiracy and a lie... :)

-Tiny-B.

Dave and I will meet at his house in Swartz Creek about 9:00 or so. We should be at Gilboa before noon.

Make sure you are at the quarry before it gets dark, we want to do a night dive about 8:30 or so. And guess what? You're invited to join us...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom