Gilboa Greet & Meet April 16 - 18, 2004 (new)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, we are getting quite a crew on Saturday. Guess I am gonna have to bring plenty of Brats and Buns, etc.

Fitness Challenge huh..... Does that mean those folks will be wearing off some of that great food by walking the tanks up for airfills????
I am sure Diverbrian will let someone carry those twin 100's of his. :)

Personally, I am planning on hitting the Diet-Off-Switch for the weekend.
(Why bother... with all this stuff it would just be a waste of self-discipline anyway.)

Looking foward to putting faces with all the names this weekend!

Hey Guys:'
Heard about the get together up at Gilboa. Since saturday is going to be great day & would like to meet new scubaboard friends, myself & W.Va. Mike would like to join the group.

Was wondering if there is anything else that you guys want us to bring up in the way of food. Let me know.

We will be traveling from western pa. pittsburgh area.

thanks

Sam.

gtxl1200:
What is the rough estimate so far for amount of People attending so for us that are bringing stuff know about how much we need to make.

Ted,

I make the rough count right around 30 now. That's all together over the three days we are there, with some people coming at various times. We'll see who actually arrives.

You might throw in a couple extra lawn chairs. I'm bringing a couple extra and will urge Dave to bring some when I pick him up on Friday morning. People need a place to sit!

See you Friday...

Tom

Garfish:
Hey Guys:'
Heard about the get together up at Gilboa. Since saturday is going to be great day & would like to meet new scubaboard friends, myself & W.Va. Mike would like to join the group.

Was wondering if there is anything else that you guys want us to bring up in the way of food. Let me know.

We will be traveling from western pa. pittsburgh area.

thanks

Sam.

Spent a night there two Aprils ago on my way to Richmond, Va on my Goldwing. When I left there the next morning, I actually rode in a snowstorm for a while up on I-68, headed for Maryland. Nice little town! You think diving this time of year is cold, try spending the whole day on a motorcycle in temps right around 40 degrees. Man! That's cold!

Glad to have you aboard! Check the list that gtxl1200 has posted and see if we have forgotten anything, and bring it. I'm out of ideas....

Hey tom:
Thanks for the welcome. So you have been to my home town. Great. I hope you didn't hit any humungous pot holes coming up I-70 e. on your "Goldwing". lol..
Yes, i can't imagine nothing more colder than motoring up the road in the wintertime tom especially on your Goldwing. I'll leave that to you..lol

I'll check the post by gtxl1200 to see what isn't going to be there.
Hope to see you there tom. thanks again..

Sam

Hey all!

Check out the food situation and notice that gtx1200 was thinking about bring baked beans.
I was going to say that my wife make a hell of a batch of bake beans. So good that all of us divers will be "BLOWING BUBBLES" AT 100' down out of the wrong end thou that is. lol
Let me know if beans & hotdogs are okay or i can bring something else.

thanks
Sam.

Hey Garfish,

I don't think there's such a thing as too many baked beans, sounds like you're making "beanie weenies" correct, bring 'em on!
Ber

Ah, beans and drysuits. They go together like, well, it's a pretty unique combination, isn't it? Just make sure these guys aren't near any open flame when they unzip. Downwind would be good, too. :11:

BEANS + WEENIES > WMDE = WEAPONS MASS DRYSUIT EXPLOSION..

Sounds good guys........count us in........... sat. late morn. :eyebrow:

Sam.

Back
Top Bottom